FA 2020

drfrey13

17 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Not surprised Grant got cut. The writing was on the wall when he wasn't active on Sunday. 

If this is how short a leash he was on.... why bring him on the roster to start with? Just head scratching moves by this group. He went from a starter to cut in 3 weeks? Feels a little rash given you pegged him as a starter. I get he had a bad game (and isn't that good) but feels like an emotional move.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

If this is how short a leash he was on.... why bring him on the roster to start with? Just head scratching moves by this group. He went from a starter to cut in 3 weeks? Feels a little rash given you pegged him as a starter. I get he had a bad game (and isn't that good) but feels like an emotional move.

He probably wasn’t ever supposed to start. Once again AB being on the team would have pushed everyone down the depth chart putting Grant at 3rd at the highest. Of course Nelson and Renfro are similar to Grant already so going younger might be the best. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chali21 said:

He probably wasn’t ever supposed to start. Once again AB being on the team would have pushed everyone down the depth chart putting Grant at 3rd at the highest. Of course Nelson and Renfro are similar to Grant already so going younger might be the best. 

Exactly. He would have been the 4/5th WR on the depth chart if AB wasn't crazy and Nelson wasn't injured. He was competing with Renfrow for playing time in the slot. With Davis added to handle the returning duties and the way he played when given the opportunity, he's the logical cut.

5 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Our moves are a prime example of why you don't allow a head coach to make personnel decisions. This team will only succeed going forward if Gruden gives up all personnel decisions to Mayock and brings in a young, talented OC to call plays. Gruden's ego and relationships with coaches that were successful 5-10 years ago is killing us.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Our moves are a prime example of why you don't allow a head coach to make personnel decisions. This team will only succeed going forward if Gruden gives up all personnel decisions to Mayock and brings in a young, talented OC to call plays. Gruden's ego and relationships with coaches that were successful 5-10 years ago is killing us.

I know it is not the only problem but I have been saying for a while now that Gruden's ego is a huge issue.  As soon as he was unwilling to talk to Pagano and Mack I knew there where going to be issues.

• Like 2

Let's assume we get rid of Carr and need a new QB.  I do not see us drafting one very high.  Gruden likes vets and there will be a lot of QBs on the market next year.  Which one do you think he goes after.  I am not saying this is the right move but could easily see it happening since Gruden loves vets and Gruden will be in year 6 or 7 most likely before the drafted QB starts to play well enough for us to start thinking playoffs.

Teddy Bridgewater

Jameis Winston

Marcus Mariota

Case Keenum

Nate Sudfeld

A.J. McCarron

Paxton Lynch

Trevor Siemian

Ryan Tannehill

Mike Glennon

Brett Hundley

Blake Bortles

Sean Mannion

Cody Kessler

Nathan Peterman

Luke Falk

Taysom Hill

Nick Mullens

I could see him taking a chance on any of the bolded players.

1 hour ago, drfrey13 said:

I know it is not the only problem but I have been saying for a while now that Gruden's ego is a huge issue.  As soon as he was unwilling to talk to Pagano and Mack I knew there where going to be issues.

As a raider fan I wanted to ignore it and believe in Gruden. In reality, Gruden needs to adapt to the time or this franchise will be stuck in 1992 or whatever he said 

Gruden has no direction for this team. Thems just facts. You trade away good players, to "rebuild" then trade for AB a legit crazy person and think sticking him on a rebuilding team will work?

His next act will be swapping out the QB trying to find lightning in a bottle. That's coming in 2020, count on it.

• Like 2