FA 2020

drfrey13

1 minute ago, drfrey13 said:

There is a lot of stuff to do in Vegas.  There is more to do there than in most NFL cities.  The issue is that alcohol and a party lifestyle are very easily accessible to go along with those other things.  I doubt many of the players will live in Vegas year round when you could live in southern California through spring and the early summer months.

That’s a good point. I actually hope most of them live in LA during the off season. And during football season they will be too busy to go out. 

Just now, BayRaider said:

That’s a good point. I actually hope most of them live in LA during the off season. And during football season they will be too busy to go out. 

You can tell within the first few hours if someone is going to have problems being in Vegas.  They get a sparkle in their eyes.

• Like 1

On 9/26/2019 at 10:10 AM, drfrey13 said:

I know it is not the only problem but I have been saying for a while now that Gruden's ego is a huge issue.  As soon as he was unwilling to talk to Pagano and Mack I knew there where going to be issues.

If you are into the outdoors Vegas is close to a lot of great outdoor scenes 

• Like 1

Really like the FA depth at a position of need. Just some FA DE/DT 's that have the size for our system... Clowney 6'5 255lbs , JPP 6'5 275lbs,  Ansah 6'5 275lbs, Quinn 6'4 260lbs, Big Cat 6'5 300lbs, Armstead 6'7 290lbs, Ogbah 6'4 275lbs,, Mercilus 6'4 260lbs, Dupree 6'4 270lbs, 

Smaller pass rushers...Beasley 6'3 245lbs, Yannick 6'2 245lbs, Lawson 6'3 265lbs, Fowler 6'3 255lbs and Barrett 6'2 250lbs.

Lots to choose from even if some get tagged. I like Clowney's name but could probably get two of the lower names for less per season than Clowney's expecting. Quinn/ Fowler or hope for upside with Dupree but risky LB convert.

Would look into trading for JPP before our next game but wouldn't give up much so probably wouldn't happen. If he plays well then transition tag to match best offer or withdraw if signing another DE.

Edited by G
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, G said:

Really like the FA depth at a position of need. Just some FA DE/DT 's that have the size for our system... Clowney 6'5 255lbs , JPP 6'5 275lbs,  Ansah 6'5 275lbs, Quinn 6'4 260lbs, Big Cat 6'5 300lbs, Armstead 6'7 290lbs, Ogbah 6'4 275lbs,, Mercilus 6'4 260lbs, Dupree 6'4 270lbs, 

Smaller pass rushers...Beasley 6'3 245lbs, Yannick 6'2 245lbs, Lawson 6'3 265lbs, Fowler 6'3 255lbs and Barrett 6'2 250lbs.

Lots to choose from even if some get tagged. I like Clowney's name but could probably get two of the lower names for less per season than Clowney's expecting. Quinn/ Fowler or hope for upside with Dupree but risky LB convert.

Would look into trading for JPP before our next game but wouldn't give up much so probably wouldn't happen. If he plays well then transition tag to match best offer or withdraw if signing another DE.

I'd like to see what we have with our edge rushers this year before looking outside, though I agree we have to add 1 high quality end in the offseason. Lawson would be my guy if I had to pick one. A former Guenther guy, still young, and a lot of talent.

3 hours ago, G said:

Probably in the minority but Dupree was my guy the year we took Cooper.  I wanted to trade back to try and grab him and Melvin Gordon.  My second option was to take Cooper.

On 10/12/2019 at 8:53 PM, G said:

sign two of these guys.. I don't care if we over pay, change the defensive culture. Draft a LB in the first and we would be looking nice!