Patriots sign WR Antonio Brown hours after his release by Raiders

Humble_Beast

21 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Bruschi's take is interesting given his relationship to the team. What was their reasoning? 

I sure hope this is the case. Hate seeing NE continue to reap rewards like this. The mere fact this guy gets to act like an absolute child in practice and on social media and gets his way, if there is a football god, this will not work out.

there is a football god, but his name is belichick

On 9/8/2019 at 4:27 PM, big_palooka said:

I'm guessing they were done with it. They could have tried to bury him, but at what cost? He'd have went nuclear on their organization and been a bigger distraction. With a young core and Mayock trying to get this ship pointed in the right direction, they couldn't have him out their on social media playing games any longer. 

Well this is what they should have done.  All they did was draw a blueprint on how to get out.   They should have suspended him for 4 games.  

3 hours ago, August4th said:

Don't get why the raiders didn't send him that 5 day letter thing....I would go toe for toe with AB on petty behavior

Would have loved to see Al Davis handle this in his prime. Would have buried him deep. The one man who could out petty him! 

End of the day, you send him the 5 day letter and he just goes nuclear on your organization. Juice wasn't worth the squeeze. It sucks for the Raiders. Gruden really tried to make it work.

I take comfort in knowing that morons day will come. Karma is coming for all his action. And he has to live with the fact that everyone knows who he is now. Few respect him as a man. Everything he's trying to "stand for" about being more than an athlete, is noise. Just a child kicking and screaming for attention. He has one thing, football.... because he's not a man by any measure. You gotta earn that respect off the field. Scumbag showed his true colors. His day will come. He made his bed and he'll get to lie in it. 

• Like 2

On 9/8/2019 at 12:46 PM, INbengalfan said:

It would be rather funny if some hotshot prosecutor in CA tried to push a case against Brown for two party consent over the phone recording, and that a raiders season ticket holder who also happens to be the presiding judge on the case, found him guilty, then proceeded to sentence him to weekends confinement for the next 20+ weekends.

You know the ending of that story is Massachusetts refusing to extradite him. 

39 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Would have loved to see Al Davis handle this in his prime. Would have buried him deep. The one man who could out petty him! 

End of the day, you send him the 5 day letter and he just goes nuclear on your organization. Juice wasn't worth the squeeze. It sucks for the Raiders. Gruden really tried to make it work.

I take comfort in knowing that morons day will come. Karma is coming for all his action. And he has to live with the fact that everyone knows who he is now. Few respect him as a man. Everything he's trying to "stand for" about being more than an athlete, is noise. Just a child kicking and screaming for attention. He has one thing, football.... because he's not a man by any measure. You gotta earn that respect off the field. Scumbag showed his true colors. His day will come. He made his bed and he'll get to lie in it. 

I don't wish an injury on anyone, but major injuries are part of football's reality. He just torched $30mil+ guaranteed to childishly force his way into a deal that has 1 year and $9mil guaranteed. If his knee gets blown out in the first half of this season, goodbye $21mil. If he loses a step when he recovers, he may never see the field again. Exceptions get made for top end talent, not guys who used to be great but can't quite find their old form, and Brown has proven to be a walking exception.

• Like 1