Patriots sign WR Antonio Brown hours after his release by Raiders

Humble_Beast

So I gave someone the vapors and they had to yell at me in PM without context but I would guess it was about the Patriots talking to AB before he was traded.

I can't say this happened for a fact.

The Redskins, Titans and Raiders were all actively interested in trading for AB according to CBS Sportsline.

The Steelers initially did not let Brown talk to other teams like the Patriots back in January. None of us know if he could talk to them in March just before the trade was finalized.

Either way. Try this text message dramatization:

King of Slime Drew:  Hey Bill, we'd love to get AB in NE. How about 50 million for 3 years?

Dark Overlord Belichick: Antonio is a great player and we'd love to have him on the team but we'd go with 1 year and see how that works out. 

How about 4 million up front, 4 million in base, and another 5 in incentives?

King of Slime Drew: I get the 1 year deal. I think that works. How about 10 to sign, 2 as base, and 4 in incentives?

Dark Overlord Belichick: Sounds like we are on the right track. I am adding Cap Nerd to the thread.

Cap Nerd:  Hey Drew, how does 7 to sign with 4 in base and 4 in incentives sound?

King of Slime Drew:  Lets go with 9 up front, 3 in base, and 3 in incentives. AB will be thrilled to hear he gets to play with Tom and the guys.

I will wait for your fax with the finalized numbers. I guess you need about 45 minutes?

Dark Overlord Belichick:  Are you kidding? Ernie Adams has 40 versions of 1 year deals for about 100 of the most in-demand players just in case this kind of thing happens.

We will have the contract your way in 5 minutes. See you in Miami in 2 weeks and I will tell Tom to contact Antonio on insta-face or whatever those kids use.

Cap Nerd: Do you guys want to talk about the details for another 3 days? I know its basic math but some Jets fans might cry about how fast we worked this out.

King of Slime Drew: AB doesn't care about some haters and I doubt anyone in Foxborough does either.

Dark Overlord Belichick:   I am sure this will make Marshall Faulk cry but we are already on to Pittsburgh on Sunday night.

Elapsed Time: 20 minutes.

People who insist that a contract could not happen in 4 to 5 hours without tampering are just wrong.

• Like 5

Al Davis would of held a press conference with every reporter he could think of and have a projector with all evidence against AB not being a Raider. Probably sue him, and file a grievance with the NFL, but at the very least would destroy him in the media for an hour straight.

While Al Davis was senile and didn't have the mind for football, you are never going to pull a fast one on him without some big consequences. He doesn't forget.

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 2

Here is another completely false hot take that is getting parroted by sheep:

Randy Moss was never this bad!

The reality is that Moss was far worse.

Moss did not give effort on the field while taking money from the Raiders. This is 1000 times worse than having a dispute before any games are played.

AB was a complete knucklehead but he was not as bad as Moss quitting while on the field in Oakland.

One thing both guys have in common is that they are very hard workers when motivated and both are football nerds who are willing to learn.

AB is going to succeed in New England even if you wish he would not and even if it hurts your feelings.

Edited by SkippyX

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

He looks like Slenderman in that pic...yipes.

Master of Trophies, I'm pulling your strings
Twisting your mind and smashing your dreams
Blinded by tears, you can't see a thing
Just call my name 'cause I'll hear you scream

Asterisk! Asterisk!  :ph34r:

• Like 3