Patriots sign WR Antonio Brown hours after his release by Raiders

Humble_Beast

8 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

God I wish he would just get put on the exempt list for the year so I can stop hearing about AB. I'm done with him and the Patriots don't need him so who cares. Get him the hell out of all the football talk. 

We need a new QB/Coach controversy :D 

I wonder if AB has purposely set all this up so he’d get cut from the Raiders after getting paid but he got chopped a few days earlier than he expected. Evil genius or straight up drama queen. I expect some big numbers as he will get lots of balls thrown his way. BB is known to feature a weapon/plan and then not touch it again the next week. Being we all know that he will change it up to the AB show til the wheel breaks off.

38 minutes ago, childofpudding said:

Nope.

So someone made the report, the DA looked into and isn't pursuing it? Given the timing, that feels like it could be vindictive be haviour.

Either that, or AB had plans in place to pressure OAK to release him, and they came to fruition early.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, ChazStandard said:

So someone made the report, the DA looked into and isn't pursuing it? Given the timing, that feels like it could be vindictive be haviour.

Either that, or AB had plans in place to pressure OAK to release him, and they came to fruition early.

I have no idea if they looked into the child endangerment thing recently based on someone telling them something, or if it was something they looked into a long time ago.

News Flash:

• There are some really selfish people on your favorite team.
  • There are stupid people who can't communicate well so their text messages if seen without all the back and forth may look very bad. (or just bad in general)
    • They are also often vulgar about consensual activities or about anything at all
    • Try going anywhere like a community pool with suburban teenagers around and count the vulgarities as they are right next to little kids
      • This is normal behavior now even if its not normal in your house
  • It is common for players to put themselves above team (OBJ and his watch is an absolute example)
  • There are also lots of women having lots of encounters with these players and 99.9% of it is consensual.
    • We don't know if AB is guilty of anything here.
    • We do know the child endangerment was a rumor or something that had almost zero evidence to support it

I expect  that a poll on the fairness of current NFL contracts where a player can be cut but not cut his team will get somewhere around a 50/50 split in support of the status quo.

AB cut his team (twice) and he did so by going through the poo like Andy Dufresne. (sure, he also created the poo)

• We can dislike him
  • We can root against him
  • We can yell at him if we go to the games
  • This does not mean he is a monster

Based on all I have seen and heard, I think a guy with a hurt shoulder is guilty of hurting someone much much smaller than himself.

I have no idea if AB did anything wrong with his trainer. Neither party is particularly believable and there is no video.

I'm not letting AB watch my dogs or be near my kids. I don't think that means he belongs in jail or suspended. (unless an investigation proves that he does)

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

News Flash:

• There are some really selfish people on your favorite team.
  • There are stupid people who can't communicate well so their text messages if seen without all the back and forth may look very bad. (or just bad in general)
    • They are also often vulgar about consensual activities or about anything at all
    • Try going anywhere like a community pool with suburban teenagers around and count the vulgarities as they are right next to little kids
      • This is normal behavior now even if its not normal in your house
  • It is common for players to put themselves above team (OBJ and his watch is an absolute example)
  • There are also lots of women having lots of encounters with these players and 99.9% of it is consensual.
    • We don't know if AB is guilty of anything here.
    • We do know the child endangerment was a rumor or something that had almost zero evidence to support it

I expect  that a poll on the fairness of current NFL contracts where a player can be cut but not cut his team will get somewhere around a 50/50 split in support of the status quo.

AB cut his team (twice) and he did so by going through the poo like Andy Dufresne. (sure, he also created the poo)

• We can dislike him
  • We can root against him
  • We can yell at him if we go to the games
  • This does not mean he is a monster

Based on all I have seen and heard, I think a guy with a hurt shoulder is guilty of hurting someone much much smaller than himself.

I have no idea if AB did anything wrong with his trainer. Neither party is particularly believable and there is no video.

I'm not letting AB watch my dogs or be near my kids. I don't think that means he belongs in jail or suspended. (unless an investigation proves that he does)

All of what you said is true, and all of that means absolutely nothing in the context of this.  The fact is that someone cant consent when they are asleep, that alone is a very, very bad look.  Should he be suspended w/o due process? No, absolutely not.  But the NFL has their own due process here outside of the legal system.  They are currently investigating the claim and they would be well within their rights to place him on the exempt list while they are investigating, and probably should.

1 hour ago, Superman(DH23) said:

All of what you said is true, and all of that means absolutely nothing in the context of this.  The fact is that someone cant consent when they are asleep, that alone is a very, very bad look.  Should he be suspended w/o due process? No, absolutely not.  But the NFL has their own due process here outside of the legal system.  They are currently investigating the claim and they would be well within their rights to place him on the exempt list while they are investigating, and probably should.

Terrible idea and an unworkable precedent. You start suspending people because of totally unproven accusations, and suddenly you open the possibility of teams/individuals/fans deliberately planting stories to get players on the exempt list.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, ChazStandard said:

Terrible idea and an unworkable precedent. You start suspending people because of totally unproven accusations, and suddenly you open the possibility of teams/individuals/fans deliberately planting stories to get players on the exempt list.

Yes because the latter wouldn't be illegal lol.

9 hours ago, ChazStandard said:

that would be wild. Next some random girl accuses Mahomes right before the AFCCG of rape and he gets put on the exempt list.

10 hours ago, ChazStandard said:

It's not unprecedented in today's world unfortunately. People are assumed guilty because of claims. People get fired over claims some people are making. Just look at the whole Danny Masterson thing. He was accused of the very same thing in early 2000s. The police looked into back then and found no evidence. And the claims came back into the spotlight recently during the metoo movement and he got fired from The Ranch (tv show).  Unfortunately it is not unprecedented... And in the case of the commissioners exempt list he is not fired... He is not suspended. He is still getting paid. But that's why they have the list so league can investigate without suspending a player.