Patriots sign WR Antonio Brown hours after his release by Raiders

Humble_Beast

There should be some tampering investigation here. 

When the Steelers first gave AB permission for a trade, Drew and AB both called multiple Patriot Office people including Bellicheck himself. Drew has this on record. Steelers said they wouldn’t trade AB to Pats. 

Was it Drew and AB’s plan to get booted off the Raiders all along and go to the Pats?

I really want a serious investigation. 

What is it with the Pats and investigations...? (not trying to start anything Pat fans). 

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Ask Randy Moss - a SIGNIFICANTLY BETTER WR - how that worked out for him.

Since I don’t know Randy Moss, I’ll leave that to you.

If Brady is getting favourable treatment (which he is, on account of the whole Pats paying Brady’s company to provide medical services to the team), you can bet AB will also demand favourable treatment.

Unless he’s completely reformed his character in a matter of hours.

3 minutes ago, Small Town Values said:

Why do I have a feeling this is what AB wanted all along. 

once I saw this, it all made sense. Not ethical how he went about it, but he wanted out of pitt and out of the raiders. I have yet to find out if he had teams other than the pats offer him a deal.  I was a bit shocked at the speed of which he signed as well as the guarantee and then of course the amount, so it seems suspicious right now. Do the pats always have this much cap space left too?

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

Ehh I don't know.  AB's always been a freakin' beast route runner, this honestly feels like the perfect match scheme wise.

Who knows how Belichick and AB will work though.  If AB chills the hell out though?  Unstoppable unless Brady falls off a cliff.  

So what Ochocinco too and that fizzled out. Now granted he was out of his prime.

We’ll see though. I’m very intrigued. If it works out, my goodness

1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

You know it won't happen. Brown is going to be well behaved and take it out on the rest of the league.

Nah. I actually don't see it this time. This is a guy who was making waves in Pittsburgh when they were good - so I doubt he conforms to "The Patriot Way" like Belly wants him to.

2 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

The only thing that pisses me off about the Pats signing him is that its basically rewarding terrible behavior.   It sets an absolutely terrible terrible terrible precedent going forward.    Basically, if your a good enough a player, all you have to do is be as disruptive as possible and you can get whatever you want.

NBA set that precedent a long time ago.

• Like 1