Patriots sign WR Antonio Brown hours after his release by Raiders

Humble_Beast

7 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Let's cool the Steelers jibes, because they could easily ruin our party tomorrow. They haven't done anything wrong, they got rid of the cancer.

I’ll agree with you on the part of getting rid of the cancer, but when you say stupid stuff like “our franchise QB has to watch over 52 little kids” and continually backs him attacking teammates publicly, then you pretty much just made your own bed

1 minute ago, footbull3196 said:

I’ll agree with you on the part of getting rid of the cancer, but when you say stupid stuff like “our franchise QB has to watch over 52 little kids” and continually backs him attacking teammates publicly, then you pretty much just made your own bed

They didn’t make their own, they just didn’t put out the fire. 

32 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Personally I think what happens is AB gets suspended for all of 2020 (or at least 8 games)

Steelers and Raiders are awarded a tiny bit of money, not much.

Steelers and Raiders both get a 5th Round comp pick.

I don't care about what the Raiders and Steelers get. What I care about is AB getting punishment.

Where's the punishment for the Patriots? 

34 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Personally I think what happens is AB gets suspended for all of 2020 (or at least 8 games)

Steelers and Raiders are awarded a tiny bit of money, not much.

Steelers and Raiders both get a 5th Round comp pick.

I don't care about what the Raiders and Steelers get. What I care about is AB getting punishment.

lol nothing will happen

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

1 minute ago, footbull3196 said:

You exaggerate everything because you hate Ben, even though it makes you look foolish.

Again, Im not Ben's biggest fan by any means.   He has a big mouth and Ive said many times I wish he would keep it shut.     And yes, Colberts comments didnt help.

But acting like Ben constantly "attacks" teammates publicly is laughable.    He has called out a few WRs in his career.   THATS IT.    He didnt "attack" them either.   And in several of the cases, he wasnt wrong.   IM NOT SAYING HE SHOULDVE SAID ANYTHING PUBLICLY....but his comments werent factually incorrect.    He usually just said these players need to step up in some way.     

2 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Because other teams are dumb and football front offices are stuck in the 90's and early 00's.

Not necessarily the case here. Yes, Raiders are morons compared to the Pats in general. But this is clearly orchestrated by Brown to get entirely free, and the Raiders did nothing to alienate the guy. They blew it by not sending the 5 day letter, not calling his bluff, and thereby mothballing his career. 

Just now, BayRaider said:

Brown only rented a house in the Bay Area and guarantee he will be buying a house in Boston.

Take this as you will...

Planned from the get go.

Other NFL players seem to think this was planned by Brown. At what point, who knows, but they seem to think so - based off of NFL player comments I’m seeing in social media. 

2 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

The only thing that pisses me off about the Pats signing him is that its basically rewarding terrible behavior.   It sets an absolutely terrible terrible terrible precedent going forward.    Basically, if your a good enough a player, all you have to do is be as disruptive as possible and you can get whatever you want.

Bingo

Archived