Patriots sign WR Antonio Brown hours after his release by Raiders

Humble_Beast

a team has the ability to sign whoever they want, wife beaters, violent criminals , repeated PED's users and so called cancers in the locker room. If the team that signs the player gets them to play well as well as be a decent citizen, whats wrong with that?  I suppose everyone deserves another chance according to some, and I am starting to think he wanted to go to the pats for a while, got tired of losing with the steelers and went about getting to the pats this way.  Imagine if he actually told BB this and thats why he got signed quickly for that much? We will see as the season goes on, if he doesn't act upon, then it was probably his plan the entire time.  

Did he even consider any other teams ?

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

New England is where he wanted to be all along. AB and Drew both have connections there. When Pitts first gave AB permission, they both called multiple people in New England. 

AB never planned to play a down with Oakland. Never. 

The soft as butter discipline from the Raiders and the league let this happen.

Just now, 3rivers said:

a team has the ability to sign whoever they want, wife beaters, violent criminals , repeated PED's users and so called cancers in the locker room. If the team that signs the player gets them to play well as well as be a decent citizen, whats wrong with that?  I suppose everyone deserves another chance according to some, and I am starting to think he wanted to go to the pats for a while, got tired of losing with the steelers and went about getting to the pats this way.  Imagine if he actually told BB this and thats why he got signed quickly for that much? We will see as the season goes on, if he doesn't act upon, then it was probably his plan the entire time.  

Did he even consider any other teams ?

This was a weirder manipulation to get on a team than Favre to the Vikings (via the Jets).

But the same motivations in each case.

• Like 1