Patriots sign WR Antonio Brown hours after his release by Raiders

Humble_Beast

Just now, Superman(DH23) said:

And the SI article said that he thinks throwing some Swag their way and promoting them over social media is compensation enough.  

I've heard this story from social media "influencers" before

And they all pretty much end up sued and broke too. 

Just now, warfelg said:

And they all pretty much end up sued and broke too. 

Yep, and called out and shamed on SM.  

I mean even if he actually believes this, he has to understand that an agreed upon currency is the only acceptable form of payment.  What does he think is going to happen when he cant ball anymore and nobody wants to do business with him bc his word is worthless.

49 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Matts posted the video above.

17 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

The way the article worded it I was expecting to see him having literally farted in his doctors face, I was gonna he like “why didn’t the doctor move if he kept doing it?”

He farted twice in the video and the doctor didn’t even seem to care and did something in the video for them after.  

I think thats actually a different video/doctor, but I could be wrong. 

11 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Yep, and called out and shamed on SM.  

I mean even if he actually believes this, he has to understand that an agreed upon currency is the only acceptable form of payment.  What does he think is going to happen when he cant ball anymore and nobody wants to do business with him bc his word is worthless.

Plus in situations like this Brown isn’t the one that spent money on the materials, hired staff, gave up time for other paying jobs. Swag and promotion do very little, especially at the local level. 

Little story time:  My uncle is a house painter. My mom used to do it. In the late 70’s Chuck Noll was building a new house and needed a painter. The usual guy suggested my mom, who did the work and brought her brother along. Now, just about any Steeler coach gets his house painted by my uncle because of word of mouth promotion.