Week 1 GDT - Green Bay Packers vs Seattle Seahawks

CWood21

The tweet about Bulaga sounds promising.  It would be nice if he could play.

I doubt Ahmad Brooks will be playing a huge role in the first game unless he's forced to by injury.  Even if he is forced to play more, he's going to be better than most players would be with so little practice.  Brooks does the little things well, he has a nose for the game, much like Charles Woodson did.

Just now, Revel8 said:

I doubt Ahmad Brooks will be playing a huge role in the first game unless he's forced to by injury.  Even if he is forced to play more, he's going to be better than most players would be with so little practice.  Brooks does the little things well, he has a nose for the game, much like Charles Woodson did.

The thing to remember with pass rushers is that they need to study their opponents and look for tendencies in both the OL they are facing and the overall offense. Brooks has played vs the Seahawks 2x per season for awhile now and he delivered 4 sacks in the last 4 games vs Seattle. So he's got a little bit of a head start vs them - although its fair to say they've also been re-shuffling their OL players too. MM and DC will pick their spots for Brooks, but my guess is he will have an impact on Sunday

This is a very complete team on both sides of the ball. RB and CB are the biggest weaknesses by far, and both those groups are full of potential. Need some young guys to be real pros there this year.

The ability to put two good OLB pass rushers on the field while one rests, or to put all three on the field at once could finally help generate the pass rush that has led to us coming up short against good quarterbacks too many times.

Rodgers gonn' Rodg 100-zero over Pats in the Battle for the Lombardi in Minny. 

Archived