Week 1 GDT - Green Bay Packers vs Seattle Seahawks

CWood21

30 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Why in the heck do I get PIT/CLE?

You get Washington and Philly instead of the Bears too.

The Dolphins-Bucs game should be held at a neutral site that isn't hosting a big college game, and they should give profits from that game to hurricane relief.  But that is just what I would do...

We should control the LOS in defense and I feel pretty good that we will hold up on offense as well but that will be a more even matchup.

I think we are a tier above Seattle this year and that will be reflected in the outcome. We don't have to play perfect to win.

Something like 27 to 19 good guys.

2 hours ago, DavidatMIZZOU said:

Looks like we are probably local viewing.  Packers-Seahawks are red.  Panthers-49ers are blue

01-FOX-L.png

Also, the early CBS game is Oakland Tennessee, where I am at.  I am interested to see how Tony Romo is at commentary.  Packers is Joe and Troy.

Great...I'm in the blue speck of California. Sigh

3 hours ago, fattlipp said:

Agree,  I hope MM doesn't come out and try to establish the run.  We should open with Ty in motion out of the backfield and a LB on  him.   He should have a James White-SB type game here.   Single back, 2 TE's, utilize drags,screens and dump offs.   Don't challenge Thomas early, and don't try smash mouth, pleazzze MM.  Lets hope they try to throw a bone to Fat Eddy, cause CC will run all over us.

With that oline, please no one is running over us.

47 minutes ago, PackyAttacky said:

With that oline, please no one is running over us.

Rawls is questionable with a just disclosed "high" ankle sprain.

I don't think Eddie is much of a threat as the featured RB and Carson looked good in pre-season but he is just a rookie.

This Seattle O has some serious questions at OL, RB, and WR.

33 minutes ago, TheOnlyThing said:

Rawls is questionable with a just disclosed "high" ankle sprain.

I don't think Eddie is much of a threat as the featured RB and Carson looked good in pre-season but he is just a rookie.

This Seattle O has some serious questions at OL, RB, and WR.

They might have upgraded from last year, but last year was laughable bad, they are still a bottom five oline in the NFL. Love that all the talking heads are only talking about our oline versus their dline, and no one is talking about Daniels and Clark at all and our D at all.

2 minutes ago, PackyAttacky said:

They might have upgraded from last year, but last year was laughable bad, they are still a bottom five oline in the NFL. Love that all the talking heads are only talking about our oline versus their dline, and no one is talking about Daniels and Clark at all and our D at all.

I'm fine with them coming into the game under the radar.  It'll make it that much sweeter when they talk about Clark and Daniels.

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I'm fine with them coming into the game under the radar.  It'll make it that much sweeter when they talk about Clark and Daniels.

I hope Mac or Capers is using is as bulletin board material! Unless that kind of thing really doesn't work, cause I dont know what motivated these guys other than dump trucks full of money. :P

My only concern is that in recent years we tend to be notoriously slow starters when the season starts. I think with us at Home we have the edge, if it was in Seattle they would be clear favorites.

For all the stick Capers gets and rightly so he usually seems to have a good gameplan for the Seahawks and Wilson. Even in some of the Seahawks wins they have been close and their offense has looked average, the defense being the winning factor.

3 minutes ago, jontat83 said:

My only concern is that in recent years we tend to be notoriously slow starters when the season starts. I think with us at Home we have the edge, if it was in Seattle they would be clear favorites.

For all the stick Capers gets and rightly so he usually seems to have a good gameplan for the Seahawks and Wilson. Even in some of the Seahawks wins they have been close and their offense has looked average, the defense being the winning factor.

That sadly is true, I often wonder if our offense is too complicated for its own good.  And we have the Flacons next week and the Cowboys in three weeks after that. Cannot afford to start slow.

The Packers typically start out the gate slow, so facing these good opponents early probably won't be doing them any favors.  This is especially so with 3 brand new players on D who would normally be getting a good amount of rotation if they had gone through training camp.  Not to mention the shuffled OLine, due to injury, which didn't even get the opportunity to get on the same page even before the injury to Bulaga.

Barring further injury, the full strength of this team won't be seen until later on in the season.

Archived