New Low for the Organization?

Humble_Beast

Good god bring the panic down a little. Yeah it sucks. Antonio Brown is a piece of work though, you can not blame the organization for taking a risk on a player of his ability and having it not work out. New England is taking a risk on him too and their geniuses..... no. If he had signed with any other team then they would’ve been ridiculed and called stupid and blind and every other thing. We got duped by a crybaby self centered piece of garbage who just happens to be one of the best players in the NFL. We gave up a third round pick (and a 5th but who cares) whatever it was worth the chance of having the best receiver in the league on our team. No one, not even steeler fans, could have predicted this outcome. We are still in basically the same position we would have been if he didn’t act up in Pitt and become available to us cheap in the off season. Sucks to think what could have been, but it’s not a low. It’s not mayocks, gruden, or Davis’ fault. Everyone was happy when we traded ONLY a third and fifth for the guy. Who knew he was a bi polar physcopath. 

Rant over. Sorry. 

• Like 1

Just saw this list of events.

1. Came into camp with an injury that was not sustained during football activities. 

2. Threatened to retire over a helmet issue.

3. Got into an argument with the general manager over a fine that was handed down because he skipped practices. 

4. Recorded and released a private phone conversation with his head coach. 

5. Publicly asked for his release from the team.

The organizations fault?

Edited by FreshPrince
  • Like 4

All those are bad moments to relive, but I know when we traded Mack I almost felt as if I lost somebody close to me. The pain was that real. Till this day I cringe in disbelief we traded him. He was our franchise guy. First all pro guy we drafted and developed since Nnamdi. 

With this AB saga, it's just funny. I really dont care. Losing him we will probably win 4 games now instead of 6. It doesn't matter.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Humble_Beast said:

There has to be something wrong. Why was cooper so unhappy here and now a different man with the cowboys. AB didn’t want to be here, I feel like there’s more to it 

Cooper and Carr were never really on the same page and it's easy to be extremely happy when you're about to get PAID. 

3 minutes ago, Chwf3rd25 said:

The biggest issue I have is that we probably didn’t add more pass catching weapons because we had AB.  This season is pivotal in Carr’s career and he’s now stuck once again with a bottom five supporting cast.

Yup. We're praying that Williams can ascend to being a true #1 WR, Grant/Nelson can bounce back after unproductive seasons, Waller is actually a starting level player, and Renfrow can produce as a rookie. Sucks for Carr because Gruden's faith in being able to manage AB will probably cost him his job with us going forward. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Humble_Beast said:

There has to be something wrong. Why was cooper so unhappy here and now a different man with the cowboys. AB didn’t want to be here, I feel like there’s more to it 

Cooper would go weeks without being targeted. Pretty easy to see why he wanted out n

And AB is AB. When is he ever happy.

• Like 1

I'm actually really interested to see how AB does in New England. Everyone assumes that Bill will be able to handle him because he has handled Gordon and Moss in the past but this is a different animal. Moss' worst offense was fake mooning the Packers fans and Gordon just likes to puff on the ganja. AB is legit a sociopath that thinks he's the second coming of Jesus Christ. 

I didn’t read through all of this thread but i already know it’s just another AB thread. I read the OP and I don’t feel like this is a low for the organization at all. Are we gonna eat (expletive) for this? Yea. I’m happy that gruden and Mayock voided his guaranteed money. He didn’t want to play for us after that (which he had to have known he wouldn’t)  

this is is a good day for the Raiders honestly. Shows that we aren’t gonna put up with the BS anymore.