Draft watch 2020

resilient part 2

2 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

Green Bay 1st rd picks during McCarthy's tenure.

2006 A. J. Hawk LB Ohio State

2007 Justin Harrell DT Tennessee

2008—No pick——[gg]

2009 B. J. Raji DT Boston College

2009 Clay Matthews III LB Southern California 

2010 Bryan Bulaga OT Iowa

2011 Derek Sherrod OT Mississippi State

2012 Nick Perry DE Southern California

2013 Datone Jones DE UCLA

2014 Ha Ha Clinton-Dix S Alabama

2015 Damarious Randall S Arizona State

2016 Kenny Clark NT UCLA

2017—No pick——[tj]

2018 Jaire Alexander CB Louisville

Not saying it's going to change anything in Dallas, but this may at least provide a glimmer of hope. 

Nolan likes big DL also

2 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

So who are all the Big Fat DT/NT in this draft? Any FAs this year coming?

Danny Shelton could be a decent FA pick-up.

Derrick Brown and Leki Fotu are two good draft prospects.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, resilient part 2 said:

So who are all the Big Fat DT/NT in this draft? Any FAs this year coming?

@DaBoys will be happy to know Andrew Billings is an UFA and would fit the bill for Nolan's defense. 

Vernon Butler, A'Shawn Robinson, Austin Johnson, Jordan Phillips, Rodney Gunter to name a few others. 

Edited by WizardHawk
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Goodness,, this year's OT class is loaded.  Great year to find the heir apparent for Smith without having to pay a premium. 

Careful WH.  The draft an OT talk stirs up a hornets nest on this site.  Personally I think we have bigger needs like safety or DT but I agree its a deep solid OT class.  Deep wr class too.  I wont be upset if the Boys stick to their board and the BPA happens to be an OT.  Like you said we find Smiths heir at a reasonable price.

38 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Goodness,, this year's OT class is loaded.  Great year to find the heir apparent for Smith without having to pay a premium. 

The more OTs picked ahead of us this year the better. That could push a solid DT, S, or CB down to us at 17... Side note, Has anyone watched Mitchell Wilcox the TE from South Florida? He looks pretty athletic and can make the tough catches. I’d like to know how he blocks tho.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Northland said:
1 hour ago, WizardHawk said:

Careful WH.  The draft an OT talk stirs up a hornets nest on this site.  Personally I think we have bigger needs like safety or DT but I agree its a deep solid OT class.  Deep wr class too.  I wont be upset if the Boys stick to their board and the BPA happens to be an OT.  Like you said we find Smiths heir at a reasonable price.

Im right here ready to jump on that nonsense. The best thing about a stacked OT class? Its going to drop non-OT players to us.