Draft watch 2020

resilient part 2

3 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

No surprise. If he has a solid 40 time at the combine, he’ll could end up the second WR selected after Jerry Jeudy.

This will be a loaded WR class.

Jeudy, Lamb, Ruggs, Higgins, Jefferson, Laviska, Smith.

On 12/26/2019 at 10:19 AM, Northland said:

My friend its not a draft hypothetical that has me frustrated. Close to 25 years of mediocrity has made me just a tad cynical.  That being said the prospect of a new staff has restored some optimism in me.  Re the draft I think we go CB or S.  As I mentioned above Jones may not be resigned, Awuzie is awful, and it has been a lifetime since we had a playmaking safety.  My preference would be a big playmaking DT.

Literally the entire quote was you discussing a hypothetical about how we are going to pass on a stud DT.

10 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Literally the entire quote was you discussing a hypothetical about how we are going to pass on a stud DT.

When is the last time we drafted a stud DT?  Please don't say Hill.  As an organization we don't value the position.  So track record/history says will say we will pass on DT.  Perhaps a new regime will think differently.

You're right the cherry picked quote was about me discussing how we will pass on a DT.   I believe the post  also mentioned how it's a deep class for OT.  Get one and you have an eventual replacement for injury prone Smith.  Disclaimer.  I am not saying cut Smith now.  I'm saying it is proactive to think about finding his replacement.  Smith will get hurt again.

I also talked about it being a solid class for WR should we decide to save money and move on from Cooper.

I think I ended the post talking about us going CB because Jones may not be resigned and Awuzie is awful.

Edited by Northland

10 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Lol, literally our first pick this year was a DT.

You missed the part about please dont say Hill.  He was a desperate reach to fill a huge need.  Passed up a productive safety, Thornhill to take the project.  Despite our woes at the position Hill rarely saw the field.  He was pretty good at missing a meeting and sleeping in another one though.   You're right.  I concede.  Hill's selection is overwhelming evidence of how we value the position.  No need to address it.  From what Ive read there are two impact DT's in this years draft or two worthy of 1st round selections Brown and Kinlaw.  Brown will be gone.  Kinlaw might be taken as well.  Chances are we will be going elsewhere.

51 minutes ago, Northland said:

When is the last time we drafted a stud DT?  Please don't say Hill.  As an organization we don't value the position.  So track record/history says will say we will pass on DT.  Perhaps a new regime will think differently.

You're right the cherry picked quote was about me discussing how we will pass on a DT.   I believe the post  also mentioned how it's a deep class for OT.  Get one and you have an eventual replacement for injury prone Smith.  Disclaimer.  I am not saying cut Smith now.  I'm saying it is proactive to think about finding his replacement.  Smith will get hurt again.

I also talked about it being a solid class for WR should we decide to save money and move on from Cooper.

I think I ended the post talking about us going CB because Jones may not be resigned and Awuzie is awful.

In 1991 when we took Russell Maryland #1 overall. Worked out pretty well.

4 minutes ago, Rtnldave said:

3rd round 2006. Parcells era. 

I thought so.  You have to address needs in the draft I get that.  It's important to stick to your board and go Best Player Available.  I get that and am an advocate.  There is nothing wrong with drafting lineman often on both sides of the ball.  It starts up front.