Draft watch 2020

resilient part 2

Just now, Calvert28 said:

A No.2? Really? He has shut down some of the games best receivers are you freaking kidding me with this No.2 stuff? If Jones is a No.2 CB then Dak is a backup QB benefiting from the talent around him still. 

Jones has like 15 great snaps against "the games best receivers". Spread over 2 years. Get real. He rarely faced the best WR on the other team. He got no turnovers. And he *was* better than the #1 and #3 CBs, so he didnt get targeted often. 

On 2/28/2020 at 6:59 PM, WizardHawk said:

Tristan  Wirfs ... 6-5/320lb

40yd - 4.86

Vertical - 36.5” (record for OL)

Board jump - 121” (record) 

10 us split - 1.69

Holy hell explosive. 

It's crazy.  Every year bigger, stronger, faster.  Good for us though.  The more OT's and WR's that go off the board the greater the chance that someone slips to us.  I can hope right?

Just watching the safeties go through their paces.  I don't always agree with Deion Sanders but he said something relevant.  He and Jamal Adams were talking about how smart you have to be to play safety.  Deion went on to say he can't figure out how some teams continually ignore the position or will only spend a 4th round pick or later, maybe even an undrafted free agent signing on the safety position.  There are some exceptions to the rule but those players last that long because they aren't as talented and mentally they don't grasp the role.  Then these kids will often face some of the best skill position players opposing offenses can throw at them.  Their teams then wonder why they struggle.

41 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Three Round Draft:

1. CJ Henderson - CB, Florida
  2. Antoine Winfield Jr. - S, Minnesota
  3. Chase Claypool - WR (Move to TE), Notre Dam

You're hired.  Henderson is solid.  Winfield is smart, will line up the secondary and will light people up.  Unless of course Kinlaw falls.  He's my man crush this year.  

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Jones has like 15 great snaps against "the games best receivers". Spread over 2 years. Get real. He rarely faced the best WR on the other team. He got no turnovers. And he *was* better than the #1 and #3 CBs, so he didnt get targeted often. 

Lmao as usual you are making crap up to defend bad decision making. He had more then 15 snaps alone vs Mike Thomas alone in the first quarter in that close win against the saints season before last. Seriously just stop Matts.

Didn't get any TO's, why do people keep bringing this up as a negative against Jones who allows fewer completions and yards then the vast majority of the league since starting at corner.

Edited by Calvert28

9 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Lmao as usual you are making crap up to defend bad decision making. He had more then 15 snaps alone vs Mike Thomas alone in the first quarter in that close win against the saints season before last. Seriously just stop Matts.

Ok thats true. He did have a spectacular 1 game in 2 years against a #1 WR. I will give you that.

9 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Didn't get any TO's, why do people keep bringing this up as a negative against Jones who allows fewer completions and yards then the vast majority of the league since starting at corner.

I dont think this is factual. Any link to prove it? I think he gave up like 63 receptions this year, which was about average. 

13 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I dont think this is factual. Any link to prove it? I think he gave up like 63 receptions this year, which was about average. 

That’s over the last two years. He’s given up roughly 2 catches for 30 yards PER GAME since 2018

Im on my phone but check PFR

Edited by matt79511
Lol

6 hours ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

His draft stock took a major blow. Those numbers are horrendous. 

Was he only good by going up against inferior opponents? He has Taco written all over him now. 

He's not a dip and RIP DE.  He wins with power and by using his hands.  He played alot at DT too.  AJ's production was better than Taco.

2 minutes ago, SweetFancyMoses said:

He's not a dip and RIP DE.  He wins with power and by using his hands.  He played alot at DT too.  AJ's production was better than Taco.

And Taco's combine was infinitely better than AJ's. 

Anyway you slice it, the combine cost him a ton of money. Significant doubt he goes day 1 now.

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

Ok thats true. He did have a spectacular 1 game in 2 years against a #1 WR. I will give you that.

Several others which he played the No.1 but that was his most notable game which even you couldn't deny.

33 receptions which is among the lowest in the league. Even more so then Ramsey and Gilmore last year.

Last year, he defended 433 routes and was targeted 69 times for a target rate of 15.9%. Good enough for 3rd in the league

2019:

Receptions allowed: 9th

Yards allowed: 7th

Yards per target: 2nd

Yards per reception: 12th

• Like 1

FUN DRAFT:

https://www.thedraftnetwork.com/articles/post-combine-mock-draft-nfl-sikkema-2020

C.J. Henderson

CB, Florida

It’s looking like the Dallas Cowboys are going to have a heavy secondary need after free agency. C.J. Henderson cannot only fly in speed, as was evident by his 4.39 40-yard dash, but he also put up 20 reps in the bench press to show his strength.

The Cowboys had a formal interview with Henderson at the combine, and I expect him to be a target at No. 17.

Justin Madubuike

IDL, Texas A&M

(would have prefered Antoine Winfield Jr., S, Minnesota - taken 5 picks later)

Julian Okwara

EDGE, Notre Dame

(Don't hate it)

2 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Last year, he defended 433 routes and was targeted 69 times for a target rate of 15.9%. Good enough for 3rd in the league

2019:

Receptions allowed: 9th

Yards allowed: 7th

Yards per target: 2nd

Yards per reception: 12th

Thats what happens when you put your most talented corner as the #2 CB guarding the #2 WR. :ph34r: