Draft watch 2020

resilient part 2

On 3/21/2020 at 9:36 PM, flyingmonkey30 said:

While we're on the topic of Gross-Matos and trade downs, I just got the Draft Network's premium thing so I can do mocks with trades and all that other stuff. It's tough to trade down, you don't really get great value, but here is what I did.

Traded 17 to NE for 23 and 100.

23. Yetur Gross-Matos, DE - Penn State

I closely monitored the CB's and once there was only one 2nd round CB left, I traded up using my 4th.

43. Trevon Diggs, CB -  Alabama

I did the same thing with WR. Despite being in the 3rd round, I had a few 2nd round grades left. Once Brandon Aiyuk went, I made my move by giving up the 5th round comp pick.

71. Michael Pittman, WR - USC

100. Jordan Elliott, DT - Missouri

164. Harrison Bryant, TE - Florida Atlantic

So based on my personal rankings, I didn't draft anyone lower than a 3rd round grade.

So not only don't you not get great value trading down in the sim,  but you didn't get great value for the add-on.

45 minutes ago, SweetFancyMoses said:

So not only don't you not get great value trading down in the sim,  but you didn't get great value for the add-on.

You’re not getting good value moving down to 23 from 17 barring extenuating circumstances. Pretty close to the same caliber players at those spots

On 3/22/2020 at 9:35 AM, WizardHawk said:

Letting Coop walk I assume?

Nah. But may let him walk after 2 if he doesn't live up to that paycheck. But Coop, Gallup and Hopkins being switched around in different roles? DC's would have to bring multiple pairs of pants to the game. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Would hate that. I would prefer Mims at 17 if we had to go WR. We already have 2 Jeudy's, Mims is a legit deep threat and redzone threat which is a rare type of WR.

Juedy is an elite route runner and could seamlessly take the Beasley /Cobb role. He is also one of the better overall prospects in this draft. A consensus top 15 talent even if he isn't a top 15 pick. I mean we are about to vote him as our forums 10th rated prospect it looks like. To get him at 17 is tremendous value 

56 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Juedy is an elite route runner and could seamlessly take the Beasley /Cobb role. He is also one of the better overall prospects in this draft. A consensus top 15 talent even if he isn't a top 15 pick. I mean we are about to vote him as our forums 10th rated prospect it looks like. To get him at 17 is tremendous value 

Coop or Gallup can fill that role as well. I think our offense would be better served with a bigger faster receiver then another receiver who's identical to Gallup and Coop in bodytype and game play. 

18 minutes ago, Tony7188 said:

We need a DB or DE more than a WR.

Yep. But you don't draft for need so it doesn't matter. Especially not in round 1. Sure, if you have 3 players rated similar then you take the one you need most, but you never take a Taco over a TJ Watt because you need a more traditional sized 4-3 DE. You don't pick Chido Awuzie two picks ahead of JuJu because you need CBs over WR. Get the best players you can possibly get with the information you have, and let the coaches sort it out.

44 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Yep. But you don't draft for need so it doesn't matter. Especially not in round 1. Sure, if you have 3 players rated similar then you take the one you need most, but you never take a Taco over a TJ Watt because you need a more traditional sized 4-3 DE. You don't pick Chido Awuzie two picks ahead of JuJu because you need CBs over WR. Get the best players you can possibly get with the information you have, and let the coaches sort it out.

Choosing Taco over TJ Watt was one of the worst draft mistakes this team has ever made. That decision wasn’t as simple as a need vs. BPA scenario imo. TJ Watt filled a need and had the higher grade (BPA) than Taco, yet our coaches had no faith in him and wanted a player to fit their scheme. At some point our GM should’ve stepped in and drafted the better player. 

I think Henderson and Jeudy should have a similar rank. Based on that I’m taking Henderson.