Draft watch 2020

resilient part 2

16 minutes ago, Tony7188 said:

Choosing Taco over TJ Watt was one of the worst draft mistakes this team has ever made. That decision wasn’t as simple as a need vs. BPA scenario imo. TJ Watt filled a need and had the higher grade (BPA) than Taco, yet our coaches had no faith in him and wanted a player to fit their scheme. At some point our GM should’ve stepped in and drafted the better player. 

I think Henderson and Jeudy should have a similar rank. Based on that I’m taking Henderson. 

I agree. However I have seen a plethora of mocks that don't have Henderson lasting till 17. That's fine if another elite prospect like Juedy has fallen. I might take Henderson over a similarly rated Juedy but I won't take a 2nd round CB over Juedy just because we need CB. And frankly we would be incredibly lucky to have Juedy or Lamb there at 17 whether we need a WR or not.

Edited by DaBoys

BPA always makes sense to me.  But I also qualify it to which player can give you the best bang for the buck also.   That is why if there is a top rated edge rusher or elite DL type I am gonna take him in the 1st. With this draft it also seems you can get a HQ WR so I would not mind at all going second round to WR.  CB would be in my mind next followed by OL.    

however my board would be key here as my grouping. While I want a DL 1st if all of them I consider elite level are gone at 17 then yeah I might trade down or draft a elite CB and or safety.  I.e. no Kinlaw then I might take McKinney no McKinney level then I would look to WR like Jeudy but if some one like Matos is available then it’s a tough sell to not take him because he has more upside to your team 

4 hours ago, Ace5 said:

Soooooooo who are the center prospects? Seems I've been caught unprepared.

Cesar Ruiz and Tyler Biadasz are two of the best Centers in the draft. Both will be eventual starters in the NFL. Ruiz was the higher rated prospect coming out of high school, but Biadasz looks like the superior NFL prospect.

If you want a guy who is the tough-as-nails run blocker, then Biadasz is your guy in the 2nd round. But, if you want a guy who plays well in a passing based spread offense, then Lloyd Cushenberry is a great option in the 3rd or 4th round.

Edited by plan9misfit

6 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

Cesar Ruiz and Tyler Biadasz are two of the best Centers in the draft. Both will be eventual starters in the NFL. Ruiz was the higher rated prospect coming out of high school, but Biadasz looks like the superior NFL prospect.

If you want a guy who is the tough-as-nails run blocker, then Biadasz is your guy in the 2nd round. But, if you want a guy who plays well in a passing based spread offense, then Lloyd Cushenberry is a great option in the 3rd or 4th round.

Problems with these guys is I dont see what they could add what we dont already have with Looney or McGovern.

Hennessy has mobility but not the power or killer instinct that Fred has. Biadez nor Ruiz has the power nor pop out of their stance to compete with even the prospect that Fred was. 

Hate to say it. But after watching the tape on these guys we might as well roll with Looney. 

3 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

Problems with these guys is I dont see what they could add what we dont already have with Looney or McGovern.

Hennessy has mobility but not the power or killer instinct that Fred has. Biadez nor Ruiz has the power nor pop out of their stance to compete with even the prospect that Fred was. 

Hate to say it. But after watching the tape on these guys we might as well roll with Looney. 

I'm not suggesting that we have to draft any of them. I was just commenting on what they can do. As a Michigan man, I had high hopes for Ruiz, but he never really impressed me as a player.

• Like 1