Draft watch 2020

resilient part 2

What does a likely career look like for an interior lineman drafted by the Dallas Cowboys in the 2nd or 3rd round of 2020?

The baseline outcome would probably be that he finally has a starting job in year 3. You could draft someone else that'll give you 1,500-2,000 snaps before that OL even sees the field.

I see the argument a little bit more for an OT, but them letting Fleming walk makes me think they are pretty comfortable with Knight as their swing tackle.

45 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

What does a likely career look like for an interior lineman drafted by the Dallas Cowboys in the 2nd or 3rd round of 2020?

The baseline outcome would probably be that he finally has a starting job in year 3. You could draft someone else that'll give you 1,500-2,000 snaps before that OL even sees the field.

I see the argument a little bit more for an OT, but them letting Fleming walk makes me think they are pretty comfortable with Knight as their swing tackle.

I forget which beat writer it was, but they were talking up Knight quite a bit last year. I think he's a good depth guy and can be a solid spot starter if need be. 

We made the playoffs with Looney starting at center for us, I just don't view C as a high need right now. Offense wasn't the problem last year. 

Just now, D82 said:

I forget which beat writer it was, but they were talking up Knight quite a bit last year. I think he's a good depth guy and can be a solid spot starter if need be. 

We made the playoffs with Looney starting at center for us, I just don't view C as a high need right now. Offense wasn't the problem last year. 

I think we need Defense for sure but I wouldnt discount the need for a 3rd WR. Dak was able to take advantage that we had 3 above average receivers. In games where Gallup or Amari were out, we definitely werent the same.

Just did another draft with another trade with Miami. Man players in this draft just did not fall like I wanted them too. But hey I fixed the defense.

26- AJ Epenesa    DE- Kinlaw, Brown, Chaison, Henderson, all off the board and I did not wanna take a WR. I found a trade partner with Miami who for some reason wanted to trade up. Lost my 3rd this year and next year but got the 26 and 39 anyways. Epenesa I'm sure will get some frowns, but watch the game tape. This guy competed against Wisconsin, OSU, among other schools known for producing Top quality NFL tier linemen. Game is there.

39- Neville Gallimore    DT- I don't know why but for some reason Blacklock was gone as was Diggs, Terrell, Winfield and Delpit. Gallimore has elite potential with his burst and power. Plus he has a perfect teacher with McCoy ready to groom him up.

51- Jaylon Johnson    CB- Has starter potential and while not the athlete Byron was has the ability to be a press man CB like Byron was. He was a no brainer, plus I didn't see any offensive players worth taking over him.

123- Albert Okwuegbunam   TE- It's only a 4th, and if he can be groomed he has monster upside. At the very least may squeak in a TD or 2 when the defense in not paying attention. He is an absolute burner.

179- Tanner Muse    S- Again another project with a player that has strong athletic upside who could also be used at LB and at the very least will contribute on ST.

231- Kendrick Rogers   WR- Last pick with no one else really sticking out to me. These are upside picks who may or may not have anything anyways. I just picked a guy who is a redzone target who has good athletic ability. 

19 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Just did another draft with another trade with Miami. Man players in this draft just did not fall like I wanted them too. But hey I fixed the defense.

26- AJ Epenesa    DE- Kinlaw, Brown, Chaison, Henderson, all off the board and I did not wanna take a WR. I found a trade partner with Miami who for some reason wanted to trade up. Lost my 3rd this year and next year but got the 26 and 39 anyways. Epenesa I'm sure will get some frowns, but watch the game tape. This guy competed against Wisconsin, OSU, among other schools known for producing Top quality NFL tier linemen. Game is there.

39- Neville Gallimore    DT- I don't know why but for some reason Blacklock was gone as was Diggs, Terrell, Winfield and Delpit. Gallimore has elite potential with his burst and power. Plus he has a perfect teacher with McCoy ready to groom him up.

51- Jaylon Johnson    CB- Has starter potential and while not the athlete Byron was has the ability to be a press man CB like Byron was. He was a no brainer, plus I didn't see any offensive players worth taking over him.

123- Albert Okwuegbunam   TE- It's only a 4th, and if he can be groomed he has monster upside. At the very least may squeak in a TD or 2 when the defense in not paying attention. He is an absolute burner.

179- Tanner Muse    S- Again another project with a player that has strong athletic upside who could also be used at LB and at the very least will contribute on ST.

231- Kendrick Rogers   WR- Last pick with no one else really sticking out to me. These are upside picks who may or may not have anything anyways. I just picked a guy who is a redzone target who has good athletic ability. 

I like it. I know Epenesa had a terrible combine, but he's still a 1-2 for me. I like Gallimore a lot too. There are other corners I like more than Johnson but I see the appeal.

• Like 1

Well considering I considered our OL Performance one of the week links of this team past two years I hope the draft OL in with in the first three rounds.    I actually thought we had two third round picks compensation pick?  But I guess it’s a fifth 

still I put DL on 1sr just because the value is higher.  Most the time you can grabe a Ol in the 3rd 4th who will be just as good as a late round 1st. I also see CB in second for same reason then either OL or WR.  After that...    I would add LB/S in 5th amd OL or DL again depending upon who has the best value.  6th would be secondary again

Edited by quiller

16 minutes ago, quiller said:

Well considering I considered our OL Performance one of the week links of this team past two years I hope the draft OL in with in the first three rounds.

Things may be a little different now with Fredbeard retired and Smith/Martin a year older, but this trend where people are acting like this wasn’t a Top 3-5 offensive line last year so they can prop up Dak or Zeke or just be contrarian to seem smart is so obnoxious. Our 2019 OL was great

Go back and watch that second Eagles game where the rest of the offense **** the bed and show me where they were getting whipped up front early-2010’s style. It didn’t happen. They did their jobs and then some outside of maybe one or two games

Edited by matt79511

32 minutes ago, quiller said:

Well considering I considered our OL Performance one of the week links of this team past two years I hope the draft OL in with in the first three rounds.    I actually thought we had two third round picks compensation pick?  But I guess it’s a fifth 

still I put DL on 1sr just because the value is higher.  Most the time you can grabe a Ol in the 3rd 4th who will be just as good as a late round 1st. I also see CB in second for same reason then either OL or WR.  After that...    I would add LB/S in 5th amd OL or DL again depending upon who has the best value.  6th would be secondary again

Nah not in this draft. It is crazy top heavy on OL and the interior is pretty bare. I would just stick with signing FA's to make up the depth which is what we should do always. Draft starters, sign depth. 

Did another one:

Your score is: 37603 (GRADE: A-)

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 21 (PHI): Henry Ruggs, WR, Alabama (A)
Round 2 Pick 19: Justin Madubuike, DT, Texas A&M (A)
Round 2 Pick 25 (HOU): Antoine Winfield Jr., FS/SS, Minnesota (A)
Round 3 Pick 23 (N.E.): Leki Fotu, DT, Utah (A+)
Round 3 Pick 26 (HOU): Hunter Bryant, TE, Washington (A+)
Round 4 Pick 17: Lavert Hill, CB, Michigan (A+)
Round 4 Pick 19 (N.E.): Donovan Peoples-Jones, WR, Michigan (A+)
Round 5 Pick 18: Ty Tyler, DE/OLB, Marshall (A+)
Round 5 Pick 26 (N.E.): Jordan Fuller, FS/SS, Ohio State (A+)
Round 5 Pick 33 (COMP): Tremayne Anchrum, OG, Clemson (A+)
Round 7 Pick 17: Brian Lewerke, QB, Michigan State (A)

Your Future Picks:
2021 Round 1 Pick
2022 Round 1 Pick

Not sure how that ends up an A- draft, but...ok

• Like 2

Well this should solidify the defense.

Your score is: 37107 (GRADE: A-)

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 22 (MINN): Derrick Brown, DT, Auburn (A+)
Round 2 Pick 19: AJ Terrell, CB, Clemson (A)
Round 2 Pick 26 (MINN): Antoine Winfield Jr., FS/SS, Minnesota (A)
Round 3 Pick 18: Jake Fromm, QB, Georgia (A+)
Round 3 Pick 25 (MINN): Chase Claypool, WR, Notre Dame (A+)
Round 4 Pick 17: Albert Okwuegbunam, TE, Missouri (A+)
Round 5 Pick 18: Ty Tyler, DE/OLB, Marshall (A+)
Round 5 Pick 33 (COMP): Tremayne Anchrum, OG, Clemson (A+)
Round 7 Pick 17: TJ Brunson, OLB, South Carolina (A+)

Your Future Picks:
2021 Round 1 Pick
2022 Round 1 Pick

20]  Yetur Gross-Matos, EDGE Penn State

55] Jeremy Chinn, S Southern Illinois

61] Matt Hennessy, IOL Temple

92] Michael Ojemudia, CB Iowa

135] Albert Okwuegbunam, TE Missouri

164] Myles Bryant, CB Washington

182] Benito Jones, IDL Ole Miss

231] Austin Mack, WR Ohio State

Took 4 trades to get here with TDN's draft machine. 

13 minutes ago, chumpy said:

do you guys think that the recent retirement of our ALL Pro Center will alter our draft in the early rounds?  still think BPA is what's best for us.  CB, S, DL still a priority.

I kinda think we’re good with Looney and McGovern, for now anyway. It’s not a great interior OL class and we need to see what McGovern can do before giving up on him.

If anything, OT may be more of a consideration early on, with Fleming’s option declined and the clock ticking on Tyron. It’s supposed to be one of the strongest OT classes ever, though that may not apply to Rounds 2-3

Edited by matt79511