Draft watch 2020

resilient part 2

1 hour ago, plan9misfit said:

Your score is: 38435 (GRADE: A-)

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 17: Jerry Jeudy, WR, Alabama (A+)
Round 2 Pick 21 (PHI): Justin Madubuike, DT, Texas A&M (A)
Round 3 Pick 19 (DEN): Kyle Dugger, FS/SS, Lenoir-Rhyne (A)
Round 3 Pick 39 (PHI): Hunter Bryant, TE, Washington (A+)
Round 4 Pick 12 (DEN): Michael Pittman, WR, USC (A+)
Round 4 Pick 19 (N.E.): DeMarkus Acy, CB, Missouri (A+)
Round 5 Pick 18: Ty Tyler, DE/OLB, Marshall (A+)
Round 5 Pick 33 (COMP): Thaddeus Moss, TE, LSU (A+)
Round 6 Pick 16 (N.E.): Bryce Perkins, QB, Virginia (A+)
Round 7 Pick 17: Khaleke Hudson, OLB, Michigan (A+)

Your Future Picks:
2021 Round 1 Pick
2022 Round 1 Pick

I still don't understand how they score these things. Regardless, I'd be pretty happy with this draft. We couldn't say that we'd be lacking in offensive weapons, that's for sure. Imagine having a receiving group which looks like this:

WR: Amari Cooper, Michael Gallup, Jerry Jeudy, Michael Pittman Jr.

TE: Blake Jarwin, Hunter Bryant, Thaddeus Moss, Blake Bell

That would be an unreal haul.

• Like 1

On 3/29/2020 at 11:30 AM, SweetFancyMoses said:

By all accounts Collins played well at RT.  I dont see him being moved.  Even if we drafted a tackle at 17, I think he would either be the swing tackle, or compete at guard with McGovern and Williams would move to swing tackle.   I do hope we sign Leary.  That would really help free us to go bpa

That's not the point. We know Collins can play well at Guard or Tackle. This is about giving Collins a position he can excel at. 

14 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

That's not the point. We know Collins can play well at Guard or Tackle. This is about giving Collins a position he can excel at. 

I just think it's easier and cheaper to find a guard than RT, plus Lael is very reasonably priced.  I'm fine with William's at swing tackle, but not messing with one of our 3 Oline positions that are set.

Your score is: 38021 (GRADE: A-) 

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 32 (K.C.): Zack Baun, OLB, Wisconsin (A-)
Round 2 Pick 19: Brandon Aiyuk, WR, Arizona State (A+)
Round 2 Pick 26 (MINN): Cesar Ruiz, C/OG, Michigan (A+)
Round 2 Pick 31 (K.C.): Noah Igbinoghene, CB, Auburn (A+)
Round 2 Pick 32 (SEA): Antoine Winfield Jr., FS/SS, Minnesota (A+)
Round 3 Pick 18: Jordan Elliott, DT, Missouri (A+)
Round 4 Pick 17: Lucas Niang, OT, TCU (A+)
Round 5 Pick 18: Carter Coughlin, DE/OLB, Minnesota (A+)
Round 5 Pick 33 (COMP): Adam Trautman, TE, Dayton (A+)
Round 7 Pick 17: TJ Brunson, OLB, South Carolina (A+)

Your Future Picks: 
2021 Round 1 Pick
2022 Round 1 Pick

I love giving myself a false sense of hope

4 minutes ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

So I want to get a rough idea of how the forum feels with us picking CJ Henderson in the first round?

He's a very realistic possibility and a type of prospect that would rarely be left over by the 17th spot in most drafts considering how unique his skillset is.

I would love hime at 17. I wouldn't trade up for him. I think he would make our secondary much stronger. It also depends on whos still left on the Board. 

Edited by eagles suck

5 minutes ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

So I want to get a rough idea of how the forum feels with us picking CJ Henderson in the first round?

He's a very realistic possibility and a type of prospect that would rarely be left over by the 17th spot in most drafts considering how unique his skillset is.

Depending on who is there, I would take him. Solid prospect and fits need. I dont think he makes it past Atlanta.

8 minutes ago, eagles suck said:

I would love hime at 17. I wouldn't trade up for him. I think he would make our secondary much stronger. It also depends on whos still left on the Board. 

6 minutes ago, CAPJ said:

Depending on who is there, I would take him. Solid prospect and fits need. I dont think he makes it past Atlanta.

Yeah I wouldn't trade up for Henderson but I would for Kinlaw. We might need to jump Atlanta for Kinlaw. I feel like they are going to either take Kinlaw or Henderson. Would fit the mold of our pet cat draft picks going 1 pick before us everytime.

27 minutes ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

Yeah I wouldn't trade up for Henderson but I would for Kinlaw. We might need to jump Atlanta for Kinlaw. I feel like they are going to either take Kinlaw or Henderson. Would fit the mold of our pet cat draft picks going 1 pick before us everytime.

If Kinlaw and Henderson were both available for Atlanta, I wouldnt attempt to trade up. I would be happy staying put and taking either. I think Kinlaw is the slightly better prospect, but given our current CB situation, I wouldnt mind ending up with Henderson.

However, I dont think Kinlaw or Henderson makes it to 17.

Edited by CAPJ

I think we can all agree the worst case scenario is if both Kinlaw and Henderson are off the board by 17. We can start piecing together the players that we would expect to go off the board by 17, in some order:

Joe Burrow
Tua Tagovailoa
Justin Herbert
CeeDee Lamb
Jerry Jeudy
Henry Ruggs
Jedrick Wills
Tristan Wirfs
Mekhi Becton
Andrew Thomas
Chase Young
Derrick Brown
Isaiah Simmons
Jeffrey Okudah

Those are 14 names right there. Kinlaw and Henderson are probably two best players left, but a few more names that could sneak into that top 16:

Jordan Love
Denzel Mims
Josh Jones
K'Lavon Chaisson
Kenneth Murray
Patrick Queen

Kind of annoying that (to me, anyway) there seems to be a drop off right at 16. Who do we like if those top 14 (plus Kinlaw and Henderson) are off the board at this point? Chaisson if they can't trade down?

Hello Aikmans and Aikmanettes, if Jeff Okudah is sitting at 11, do you trade up with the Jets?

I don’t think Okduah is going as high as people think. No way Patricia picks a CB when the owner himself told him it’s his last year to turn it around, and they have a huge hole at DT. Brown would make a instant impact, unlike Okudah. 

As for Panthers, they will take Simmons over Okudah. 

Jags go QB IMO. Don’t believe Jaguar FF fans. There is zero chance Jags are satisfied with Gardner Minshew. 

Edited by BayRaider

1 hour ago, flyingmonkey30 said:

I think we can all agree the worst case scenario is if both Kinlaw and Henderson are off the board by 17. We can start piecing together the players that we would expect to go off the board by 17, in some order:

Joe Burrow
Tua Tagovailoa
Justin Herbert
CeeDee Lamb
Jerry Jeudy
Henry Ruggs
Jedrick Wills
Tristan Wirfs
Mekhi Becton
Andrew Thomas
Chase Young
Derrick Brown
Isaiah Simmons
Jeffrey Okudah

Those are 14 names right there. Kinlaw and Henderson are probably two best players left, but a few more names that could sneak into that top 16:

Jordan Love
Denzel Mims
Josh Jones
K'Lavon Chaisson
Kenneth Murray
Patrick Queen

Kind of annoying that (to me, anyway) there seems to be a drop off right at 16. Who do we like if those top 14 (plus Kinlaw and Henderson) are off the board at this point? Chaisson if they can't trade down?

If only we lost our last game. We would have finished what, 13th?

43 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Hello Aikmans and Aikmanettes, if Jeff Okudah is sitting at 11, do you trade up with the Jets?

I don’t think Okduah is going as high as people think. No way Patricia picks a CB when the owner himself told him it’s his last year to turn it around, and they have a huge hole at DT. Brown would make a instant impact, unlike Okudah. 

As for Panthers, they will take Simmons over Okudah. 

Jags go QB IMO. Don’t believe Jaguar FF fans. There is zero chance Jags are satisfied with Gardner Minshew. 

If Okudah lasts until 11 then he may last until 15 as well. Raiders have already filled many needs on defense and may be locked in on Lamb at 12. I could see the 49ers passing on Okudah for Kinlaw if he's there as well. 

No way Bucs go defense with Ruggs or Jeudy there especially now that they have Brady.

Broncos I can see taking Okudah but then again they may go with best receiver on the board. 

Bronco's would be the one's we would trade with.

Typically locks who freefall way past where they should tend to do a bit more free falling out of suspicion from other teams until one decides they are worth the risk.

18 minutes ago, CAPJ said:

If only we lost our last game. We would have finished what, 13th?

Keep in mind at one point we were competing for the 9th overall. And in this draft class no less with Simmons who could still fall there.

Thanks again Garrett for screwing us one last time before you left.