Draft watch 2020

resilient part 2

2 minutes ago, eagles suck said:

If we done so little?  This is why you would draft him. He will fill a glaring need. Im not saying I would like to draft him if better players are there. Chaisson seems to be a better pick but I think CB is a need more than DE at this point. Awuzie played poorish to me last year and Anthony Brown is just ok. I've seen what Crawford can do.  Is he living up to his contract? Hell no, but he's affective when healthy and can play multiple positions. With the new rules Gregory is a huge plus. I actually think hes better than Clowney. 

There are many players in this draft that I would choose over Fulton, but if  Henderson and the top 3 receivers are gone and I cant find a trade partner I would draft him. He would instantly be the best corner on our team, or in our division other than Slay. QBs in college didn't even look his way.

I really don't see how. We have literally no one at DE right now even RG isn't a lock to come back. Chido, Lewis, and Brown may not be all-stars but they are adequate starters and a DE especially a star will make their jobs that much easier. 

41 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

I really don't see how. We have literally no one at DE right now even RG isn't a lock to come back. Chido, Lewis, and Brown may not be all-stars but they are adequate starters and a DE especially a star will make their jobs that much easier. 

Technically our starting DEs are Tank and Crawford. Crawford isnt worth his contract, but he isnt terrible. 

4 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Technically our starting DEs are Tank and Crawford. Crawford isnt worth his contract, but he isnt terrible. 

No one would care about Crawford if he was making $4 million a year. 

Issue I have is we could have cut him and kept Quinn if they were that worried about money.

Here's another one. No trades at all. I don't think many people would complain with this one.

Your score is: 35041 (GRADE: B)

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 17: Javon Kinlaw, DT, South Carolina (A+)
Round 2 Pick 19: Damon Arnette, CB, Ohio St. (A)
Round 3 Pick 18: Michael Pittman Jr., WR, USC (A+)
Round 4 Pick 17: Brandon Jones, FS/SS, Texas (A+)
Round 5 Pick 18: Leki Fotu, DT, Utah (A+)
Round 5 Pick 33 (COMP): Colby Parkinson, TE, Stanford (A+)
Round 7 Pick 17: James Lockhart, DE, Baylor (B+)

Your Future Picks:
2021 Round 1 Pick
2022 Round 1 Pick

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

I don't think a group of Demarcus Lawrence, Tyrone Crawford, Randy Gregory, and Dorance Armstrong is and worse than the current CB group.

An impact player would do either group a world of good.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, resilient part 2 said:

do the Cowboys get who they/we assume? Not often..

Hmmm... in the Jason Garrett era, it was incredibly often, especially with our first pick. Dez, Tyron, Martin, Byron, Zeke, LVE, and Trysten Hill were all very clearly high on the wish list before the draft. Only Mo, Frederick, and Taco could really be classified as surprises.

52 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I don't think a group of Demarcus Lawrence, Tyrone Crawford, Randy Gregory, and Dorance Armstrong is and worse than the current CB group.

An impact player would do either group a world of good.

Except it is. All of those guys on the CB group have routinely competed for the starting No.2 spot over the past couple of years. They have shown on numerous occasions to have starting potential and while they may not be all-stars they are solid. 

DLaw is the only one at the DE position right now that can be counted on to produce but even he is coming off a single digit sack season. It's imperative that we take pressure off the secondary with getting pressure on the QB.

So you tell me with a group as you say is as bad as the DE group is how is Henderson or even Byron Jones would have helped that group when the QB has all day to throw?>

• Like 2