Draft watch 2020

resilient part 2

36 minutes ago, flyingmonkey30 said:

He missed most of his sophomore season due to injury

But he was a top 50 overall recruit out of HS. He played spot duty for LSU as a freshman who had only turned 18 years old in july before the season. He still managed a pair of sacks. He was supposed to dominate as a sophomore but tore his ACL week 1. Still managed a sack that game. Then of course this year he got his chance, and looked good like we all thought he could. Especially as the season went on and the competition grew. It's not like this was a nobody walk on that failed to make an impact his whole career up until now. He has been a known talent since he was 16. Not exactly a one year wonder

7 hours ago, DaBoys said:

But he was a top 50 overall recruit out of HS. He played spot duty for LSU as a freshman who had only turned 18 years old in july before the season. He still managed a pair of sacks. He was supposed to dominate as a sophomore but tore his ACL week 1. Still managed a sack that game. Then of course this year he got his chance, and looked good like we all thought he could. Especially as the season went on and the competition grew. It's not like this was a nobody walk on that failed to make an impact his whole career up until now. He has been a known talent since he was 16. Not exactly a one year wonder

There's a lot of guys that are top hs recruits that end of doing squat in college.  Can't really count hs.

19 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

I think he should be on our radar. He's better than what most people think and is squarely in the "second tier" of prospects outside of the 12-15 true 1st round prospects.

I guess that's my point. The Kinlaws, Chaissons, Lambs, Jeudys, Hendersons all are in that 12-15 prospect range that Baun is not in. 

And one of those guys is going to be available at 17, I'm sure of it.

2 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I guess that's my point. The Kinlaws, Chaissons, Lambs, Jeudys, Hendersons all are in that 12-15 prospect range that Baun is not in. 

And one of those guys is going to be available at 17, I'm sure of it.

I agree, but we can’t get caught with out pants down on the off chance that they aren’t. Jerry has been caught in the draft before, and he tanked the entire thing because he was not prepared for all of his targeted players being gone.

12 hours ago, DaBoys said:

Yeah for sure, they were just wondering where the production has been, and that's where it was. He was primed to break out as a sophomore, but everything was delayed a year because of that injury - so his production is just meh. But his traits are legit.

3 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

I agree, but we can’t get caught with out pants down on the off chance that they aren’t. Jerry has been caught in the draft before, and he tanked the entire thing because he was not prepared for all of his targeted players being gone.

Well, yeah.

I'm just saying, in my mind, Kinlaw, Chaisson, Jeudy, Lamb, Ruggs, and Henderson would be on the "short list" as you called it. While, in my opinion, Baun would fall with a handful of others in a groups as backup options.

What I'm trying to understand from you is if you agree with that. Or if you think Baun really deserves to be part of that short list conversation.

5 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Well, yeah.

I'm just saying, in my mind, Kinlaw, Chaisson, Jeudy, Lamb, Ruggs, and Henderson would be on the "short list" as you called it. While, in my opinion, Baun would fall with a handful of others in a groups as backup options.

What I'm trying to understand from you is if you agree with that. Or if you think Baun really deserves to be part of that short list conversation.

I included him based on the value of the 17th overall pick, not as a top 12-15 guy, if that makes sense. I’ve just seen him overlooked by a lot of people, and I think that’s a mistake.

Edited by plan9misfit

57 minutes ago, The_Slamman said:

If Chaisson is available @17, why wouldn’t anyone be thrilled?  Aside from Kinlaw, there’s no other defensive player (whose likely to be available) that I’d rather have including Henderson.  

I could live with Chaisson, particularly if Henderson if gone and we can't trade back.  However, I actually think there is more value in the late 2nd or 3rd.  I really like James Lynch and Curtis Weaver a bit better given where they are anticipated to be drafted.