17)Tua Tagovailoa,QB Alabama
51)Tee Higgins,WR Clemson
82)Austin Jackson, OT USC
123)Chase Claypool, WR Notre Dame
164)Lynn Bowden, WR Kentucky
179)Dalton Keene, TE Virginia Tech
231)Yasir Durant, IOL Missouri

Fascinating that Tua fell

If Tua is there at #17, I would try to find a trade partner to give me a future first round pick.

If I couldn't find that, I'm 100% on board with drafting him. You'll be able to trade him for a lot better than the #17 pick within a year or two. And that's provided you don't decide he's just plain better than Dak in a year.

• Like 1

kind of a worst-case scenario for Dallas here. Should things play out like this where Fulton is our best option at 17, I would try to see if someone would move up for Thomas or Love, then go for someone like Baun (who I see as more of a late-1st guy who could go around 28 as he does here), Epenesa, Higgins, Terrell, Winfield, Mims or Delpit in the late-1st/early-2nd

1 hour ago, matt79511 said:

kind of a worst-case scenario for Dallas here. Should things play out like this where Fulton is our best option at 17, I would try to see if someone would move up for Thomas or Love, then go for someone like Baun (who I see as more of a late-1st guy who could go around 28 as he does here), Epenesa, Higgins, Terrell, Winfield, Mims or Delpit in the late-1st/early-2nd

Screw that, I would rather over draft someone then Fulton. We already have his clone in Chido. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, flyingmonkey30 said:

I had mentioned in another thread, I’m not a huge fan. I’d take him at 82, but not at 51

I dont see him lasting to pick 51. But am I crazy? I feel like Id take him over Chaisson (not at 17) but just saying.. could be the quarantine getting to me and too much youtube..  

1 hour ago, djdunkenstein said:

I dont see him lasting to pick 51. But am I crazy? I feel like Id take him over Chaisson (not at 17) but just saying.. could be the quarantine getting to me and too much youtube..  

Chaisson is much more explosive, flexible, and has a much higher ceiling. Weaver just ran around slow tackles on his way to 13 sacks this year

• Like 1

1 hour ago, flyingmonkey30 said:

Chaisson is much more explosive, flexible, and has a much higher ceiling. Weaver just ran around slow tackles on his way to 13 sacks this year

It was 13.5

...and 9.5 the year before that

...and 11 as a freshman two years before that

Simply amazing he lucked into 34 career sacks in 3 years. Also crazy lucky he played 40 career games and all 40 opponents had the slowest OTs in the NCAA...

I'm not saying he is a top 10 guy, but I methinks you need to revisit his tape. Your evaluation that he just ran around slow OTs for 34 career sacks seems a bit lazy. 

I heard you compare him to Jaylon Ferguson, but even he had 3 sacks in 9 starts for the Ravens last year. On pace 5.5 over 16 starts. That isn't a horrible rookie year, and didn't Ferguson bomb his combine? Weaver was a top performer in 3 cone.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/nfl-combine-2020-results-curtis-weaver-justin-madubuike-winners-as-edge-rushers-defensive-linemen-work-out/

Edge rusher winners

Curtis Weaver, Boise State. Weaver has a unique, compact body for the edge rusher spot at just over 6-foot-2 and 265 pounds, which means his 7.00 time in the three cone was outstanding. 

6 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

It was 13.5

...and 9.5 the year before that

...and 11 as a freshman two years before that

Simply amazing he lucked into 34 career sacks in 3 years. Also crazy lucky he played 40 career games and all 40 opponents had the slowest OTs in the NCAA...

I'm not saying he is a top 10 guy, but I methinks you need to revisit his tape. Your evaluation that he just ran around slow OTs for 34 career sacks seems a bit lazy. 

I heard you compare him to Jaylon Ferguson, but even he had 3 sacks in 9 starts for the Ravens last year. On pace 5.5 over 16 starts. That isn't a horrible rookie year, and didn't Ferguson bomb his combine? Weaver was a top performer in 3 cone.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/nfl-combine-2020-results-curtis-weaver-justin-madubuike-winners-as-edge-rushers-defensive-linemen-work-out/

Edge rusher winners

Curtis Weaver, Boise State. Weaver has a unique, compact body for the edge rusher spot at just over 6-foot-2 and 265 pounds, which means his 7.00 time in the three cone was outstanding. 

Excuse me, 13.5. The 7.00 3-cone wasn't super surprising to me, because you see the quick first step and he bends well. That's how I saw him getting a lot of his sacks - beat the OT to the outside, dip underneath, and finish. He has a good 2-handed swipe to keep his chest clean, but I don't think he has any counter moves when he doesn't win right away. I thought his motor was poor - saw him taking plays off. Towards the end of the season he started getting a gut - his body type against FSU was much better than it was against Washington. I think he defends the run pretty well, both in terms of setting the edge and crossing the face of blockers. Again, I don't hate the player, I'm just not seeing the traits of a top 50 player. To me, he's more top 75. But I'd take Lewis, Okwara, Taylor, and Uche ahead of him.