Draft watch 2020

resilient part 2

1 minute ago, DaBoys said:

I would probably trade 17 for two 2nds this year and a 1st next year regardless of who is available 

If the players we have targeted are gone at 17 go for it.  That being said I think the notion of Kinlaw falling to 17 is us dreaming.  It's debatable as to whether Henderson or one of the wideouts will be there as well.

21 minutes ago, flyingmonkey30 said:

I think Baun would be pretty fun just because we might finally have a DC who can utilize a chess piece like that.

Baun has a concerning history of left foot issues causing him to miss two seasons in college, is an older prospect, doesn’t have a true elite trait, and doesn’t play a premium position.

And playing chess with a jack-of-all trades/ master-of-none is fine and dandy until the secondary can’t cover a soul in a passing league. This is not how we make up for the befuddling mistake of passing on TJ Watt a few years ago.

Edited by BigD88
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, BigD88 said:

Baun has a concerning history of left foot issues causing him to miss two seasons in college, is an older prospect, doesn’t have a true elite trait, and doesn’t play a premium position.

And playing chess with a jack-of-all trades/ master-of-none is fine and dandy until the secondary can’t cover a soul in a passing league. This is not how we make up for the befuddling mistake of passing on TJ Watt a few years ago.

Yeah, the foot injury is a concern, but he played every game his last two seasons. I think his hand usage is elite personally, but I understand where you're coming from.

36 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

I would probably trade 17 for two 2nds this year and a 1st next year regardless of who is available 

In theory the picks are nice, but the unknown of who would be available would cause me to question it. It's a far drop from 17 to 36.

If I have a Jeudy, Kinlaw, or CJ Henderson available, I am taking that pick over the trade. They all have the potential to contribute significantly day 1. 

12 minutes ago, CAPJ said:

In theory the picks are nice, but the unknown of who would be available would cause me to question it. It's a far drop from 17 to 36.

If I have a Jeudy, Kinlaw, or CJ Henderson available, I am taking that pick over the trade. They all have the potential to contribute significantly day 1. 

I'd hold onto the pick for Jeudy or Kinlaw, but could be swayed to trade the pick if Henderson is there if the value is good. Depending on the team, another first next year could be gold. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, CAPJ said:

I love Juedy, but this class is so deep. We would have THREE 2nd rounders and there will unequivocally be a good WR at 39. Probably a WR at 39 that would be a 1st rounder most years.

Then we would have 51, and 56.

Imagine ending up with 

39. Denzel Mims/Justin Jefferson/ Brandon Ayuki/ Laviska Shanault

51. Antoine Winfield JR

56. Curtis Weaver 

AND have two first round picks for the Trever Lawrence, Justin Fields draft?

Edited by DaBoys
  • Like 2

Mind you our QB is not on a long term deal, and WON'T be on a long term deal. Daks camp wants a 4 year deal that way his contract doesn't look like peanuts in a few years like the Dak truthers say it will. It will look like an over pay for 2 or 3 years and then he'll be in a contract year. 

So having two firstys in 2021 could enable us to get to the top of the draft and get a true blue chip QB for the 1st time since 1989.

I love Kinlaw but he doesn't stop me from making that trade

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DaBoys said:

Mind you our QB is not on a long term deal, and WON'T be on a long term deal. Daks camp wants a 4 year deal that way his contract doesn't look like peanuts in a few years like the Dak truthers say it will. It will look like an over pay for 2 or 3 years and then he'll be in a contract year. 

So having two firstys in 2021 could enable us to get to the top of the draft and get a true blue chip QB for the 1st time since 1989.

I love Kinlaw but he doesn't stop me from making that trade

If he isn't on a long term deal by draft day, then I wouldn't be at all surprised if we either attempt to trade him, draft a QB to replace him, or trade our pick to a team with a low win potential in the attempt to land Trevor Lawrence next year.

6 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

I think a bigger question is what players are available that OTHER teams would wasn't to trade up for? Maybe a QB that rises up the draft board or another QB falling??

I think a prime example would be if Justin Herbert falls and a team like the Raiders or Indianapolis wants to trade back into the first round. 

FirstPick.com is such a ridiculous mock draft site. It's a lot of fun owning drafts though. lmao. 

Your score is: 39839 (GRADE: A-)

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 23 (N.E.): Javon Kinlaw, DT, South Carolina (A+)
Round 2 Pick 19: Patrick Queen, ILB, LSU (A)
Round 3 Pick 16 (L.V.): Kyle Dugger, SS/FS, Lenoir-Rhyne (A+)
Round 3 Pick 18: Jeremy Chinn, FS/SS, S. Illinois (A)
Round 3 Pick 23 (N.E.): Justin Madubuike, DT, Texas A&M (A+)
Round 3 Pick 27 (L.V.): Bradlee Anae, DE, Utah (A+)
Round 3 Pick 36 (N.E.): Davon Hamilton, DT, Ohio St. (A)
Round 4 Pick 17: Hunter Bryant, TE, Washington (A+)
Round 5 Pick 18: Antonio Gibson, WR, Memphis (A+)
Round 5 Pick 33 (COMP): Nevelle Clarke, CB, UCF (A+)
Round 7 Pick 17: Aaron Fuller, WR, Washington (A+)

Your score is: 39923 (GRADE: A-)

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 28 (BALT): Yetur Gross-Matos, DE/OLB, Penn St. (A+)
Round 2 Pick 19: Patrick Queen, ILB, LSU (A)
Round 2 Pick 28 (BALT): Jordan Elliott, DT, Missouri (A-)
Round 3 Pick 16 (L.V.): Matt Hennessy, C/OG, Temple (A)
Round 3 Pick 18: Michael Pittman Jr., WR, USC (A+)
Round 3 Pick 19 (DEN): Jeremy Chinn, FS/SS, S. Illinois (A+)
Round 3 Pick 27 (L.V.): Adam Trautman, TE, Dayton (A+)
Round 3 Pick 34 (N.E.): Troy Pride Jr., CB, Notre Dame (A+)
Round 4 Pick 17: Jake Fromm, QB, Georgia (A+)
Round 5 Pick 18: K.J. Hill, WR, Ohio St. (A+)
Round 5 Pick 33 (COMP): Leki Fotu, DT, Utah (A+)
Round 7 Pick 17: Benito Jones, DT, Ole Miss (A+)

Your score is: 39236 (GRADE: A)

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 20 (JAX): Henry Ruggs III, WR, Alabama (A)
Round 2 Pick 14 (DEN): Jaylon Johnson, CB, Utah (A-)
Round 2 Pick 19: Julian Okwara, DE, Notre Dame (A+)
Round 3 Pick 18: Jordan Elliott, DT, Missouri (A+)
Round 3 Pick 19 (DEN): Cole Kmet, TE, Notre Dame (A+)
Round 4 Pick 17: Michael Pittman Jr., WR, USC (A+)
Round 5 Pick 18: Leki Fotu, DT, Utah (A+)
Round 5 Pick 33 (COMP): Thaddeus Moss (TE) LSU (A+)
Round 7 Pick 17: Shyheim Carter, FS, Alabama (A+)

21 hours ago, CAPJ said:

I can’t think of a player I wouldn’t trade away from at 17 for that type of bounty. 

7 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

I think a prime example would be if Justin Herbert falls and a team like the Raiders or Indianapolis wants to trade back into the first round. 

Raiders have the #19 pick, but Indianapolis makes a lot of sense.

I also think if we end up with a massive trade offer, it’ll be for Jordan Love.

1 hour ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Raiders have the #19 pick, but Indianapolis makes a lot of sense.

I also think if we end up with a massive trade offer, it’ll be for Jordan Love.

I forgot that the Raiders have a later pick. Thank you for the correction. But, you get the drift.