Draft watch 2020

resilient part 2

23 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

Agreed. I have seen Dallas' offense before Cooper and now with Cooper. I like With a hell of a lot more.

I would love to keep Cooper, but if we cant get a deal done with Dak, I think its a good bet that Coop leaves.

I wouldnt pay Coop $20M plus, but there are plenty WR needy teams with a ton of cap space.

1 hour ago, CAPJ said:

I would love to keep Cooper, but if we cant get a deal done with Dak, I think its a good bet that Coop leaves.

I wouldnt pay Coop $20M plus, but there are plenty WR needy teams with a ton of cap space.

We can use the Franchise Tag and the Transition Tag this year. Certainly Cooper will not just hit the open market.

Seeing how much better Dallas is when they have solid run-blocking, should we consider an offensive lineman without a top pick as a priority? Not just best player available Etc. Wanzek and pollen looks great against the Rams today, Tyrone Smith and whoever we use at left guard may not be very reliable much longer. Thoughts?

2 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

Seeing how much better Dallas is when they have solid run-blocking, should we consider an offensive lineman without a top pick as a priority? Not just best player available Etc. Wanzek and pollen looks great against the Rams today, Tyrone Smith and whoever we use at left guard may not be very reliable much longer. Thoughts?

I wouldn't necessarily classify it as a priority, but if one is there waiting for us when it's our turn, then hell yea.

On 12/15/2019 at 8:07 PM, HDsportsfan said:

I wouldn't necessarily classify it as a priority, but if one is there waiting for us when it's our turn, then hell yea.

I think the idea is having McGovern at LG next year. All out battle between McGovern, Williams and Su’a Filo best man wins. 

im not opposed to taking a Olineman high, (Trenches yearly and often!) but want to see what McGovern has first. 

On 12/15/2019 at 7:04 PM, resilient part 2 said:

I don't see how you can possibly justify an early pick on an OL this year. Smith, Martin, Frederick, and Collins are all locked up until 2024 or beyond, and at LG, you have spent a 2nd (Williams) and 3rd (McGovern) round picks the last 2 years.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I don't see how you can possibly justify an early pick on an OL this year. Smith, Martin, Frederick, and Collins are all locked up until 2024 or beyond, and at LG, you have spent a 2nd (Williams) and 3rd (McGovern) round picks the last 2 years.

Yeah, I’m pretty much totally out on OL unless someone special falls in our lap....or is a late pick. 

1 hour ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I mean, I'd still take one at some point in the draft...but one in the top three or four rounds of the draft wouldn't be a priority.