Draft watch 2020

resilient part 2

24 minutes ago, TVScout said:

First three needs to be some combo of TE, DB, DT.

Lions needed a TE, so they chose Eric Ebron over Aaron Donald, Zach Martin, Kyle Fuller, and Odell Beckham. You can't just completely lock in on positions.

I do agree with those positions as priorities. But, for example, this draft class is loaded at WR. What if a stud falls to our 2nd round pick?

6 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Lions needed a TE, so they chose Eric Ebron over Aaron Donald, Zach Martin, Kyle Fuller, and Odell Beckham. You can't just completely lock in on positions.

I do agree with those positions as priorities. But, for example, this draft class is loaded at WR. What if a stud falls to our 2nd round pick?

WR is complicated. We can't just pick one who fell through the cracks. We have to pick the best Dak friendly WR available. That guy might be in the 4th or 5th.

2 hours ago, textaz03 said:

Smh, it’s more than just talent for a WR to get open. Play design/Scheme along with player ability/technique and speed pretty much go hand in hand

What is happening?

I’m just going to clarify my point, because it seems I’ve been unclear:

The NFL Draft is stacked with WRs this year, so we shouldn’t eliminate the possibility of drafting one in the first 3 rounds in December.

2 minutes ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

Not a fan of him eh? why?

Isaiah Simmons is another great option too

I like most everything about him, but his tackling leaves a lot to be desired. It's not just some one year thing either. It's plagued him his entire career at LSU. 

If we're going safety, Ashtyn Davis of Cal and Antoine Winfield Jr of Minnesota are high on my list.  FSU's Hamsah Nasirildeen is also on my watch list too. He'd be great in Kris Richard's defense, but KR isn't likely to be employed come next week. Still, he's a very intriguing prospect.  If you want a ballhawk, you aren't going to find one better in this class than Winfield. Injuries are a concern for him

1 hour ago, Northland said:

I've read that tackling is an issue for Delphi.   If true he'd fit right in.

I mean...I'd almost be okay with having a safety who whiffs on a few tackles here and there in exchange for him being able to generate turnovers 

• Like 1