Draft watch 2020

resilient part 2

3 hours ago, flyingmonkey30 said:

I'll deal with the tackling issues in exchange for his coverage ability. Let him play single high and force turnovers.

And that’s where coaching would come in. You trust your guys to fix his issues.

1 hour ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

We had like 16 turnovers in total last season and we out here concerned about tackling with Delpit?

Who cares if he misses a tackle once in a while if he takes the ball away.

You can somewhat teach tackling but you don't find ball hawks just growing on trees

I think people get too hung up on the whole ball hawk thing. I agree it would be great to have one, but being one in college and being one in the NFL are two entirely different stories. Just see Jones and Woods college stats. 

As for the somewhat teaching tackling....Delpit just played 3 years for one of the best in the biz, Dave Arnada....also played for a defensive minded HC. I think he is what he is at this point and adding a bad tackling safety to an already bad tackling defense, doesn't seem like a great idea.

• Like 2

Just now, WizardHawk said:

Epenesa is such a good fit for Nolan/Tomsula. Pick 17 seems right in the wheelhouse of where he could go too.

I think he could be the next Jared Allen IMHO he is just that good. Honestly if he falls to 15 I am praying we trade up to get him so the Falcons or Raiders don't do it.

5 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

I think he could be the next Jared Allen IMHO he is just that good. Honestly if he falls to 15 I am praying we trade up to get him so the Falcons or Raiders don't do it.

Seen a bunch of mocks with him going the pick right before us.

Edited by DaBoys