Draft watch 2020

resilient part 2

2 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Yea me too and I think its almost a definite that if he's there at 15 he will not make it to 17. I could see multiple teams trading the farm up to get him. 

15 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

After watching more game tape I would rank my top 5 like this.

1. Isiah Simmons - Such a stud. We'll see how the draft plays out, but this would be such a stroke of luck to have him fall in range.

2. AJ Epenesa - Would be a really good fit, he's right near/at the top of my list for realistic options at 17

3. Javon Kinlaw - I'd personally probably rank him above Epenesa, but I also am starting to thing it is exceedingly unlikely he will last to #17

4. Delpit - Agreed. He's up there with Epenesa in my mind as realistic options.

5. Mims - We talking the Baylor WR? Interesting, haven't spent much time on many of the WRs yet. But I'm definitely not going to rule out the position.

I am very much intrigued by this list. Added some thoughts/comments to the quote.

Do you think we as fans overvalue compensatory picks?   Is it just the excitement of getting more picks for our team.    Looking back to 2014,   the only compensatory pick that turned into anything was Dak.  I know Dalton Schultz, and Donovan Wilson are tbd, but I just see so many people get all excited that we'll get that compensatory 4th, which is really an early 5th.

37 minutes ago, SweetFancyMoses said:

Do you think we as fans overvalue compensatory picks?   Is it just the excitement of getting more picks for our team.    Looking back to 2014,   the only compensatory pick that turned into anything was Dak.  I know Dalton Schultz, and Donovan Wilson are tbd, but I just see so many people get all excited that we'll get that compensatory 4th, which is really an early 5th.

It’s actually a 5th we’re getting for Beasley, basically a 6th

It’s just about stacking up picks, you know? The more ammo you have, the better chance you’ll get a hit. Anything after the Top 100 is a total crapshoot. And moreover, if you know you have comp picks coming, you can be more aggressive trading your allotted picks.

Edited by matt79511

I traded this year's 4th and next years 3rd to move up from 17 to 15. I very much doubt Mims last until the late 3rd but hey he was there so I picked him. 

Dallas Cowboys

USER PICK

AJ Epenesa

EDGE, Iowa

Dallas Cowboys

USER PICK

Antoine Winfield Jr.

S, Minnesota

Dallas Cowboys

USER PICK

Denzel Mims

WR, Baylor

Dallas Cowboys

USER PICK

Colby Parkinson

TE, Stanford

Dallas Cowboys

USER PICK

Bravvion Roy

IDL, Baylor

20 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

I traded this year's 4th and next years 3rd to move up from 17 to 15. I very much doubt Mims last until the late 3rd but hey he was there so I picked him. 

Dallas Cowboys

USER PICK

AJ Epenesa

EDGE, Iowa

Dallas Cowboys

USER PICK

Antoine Winfield Jr.

S, Minnesota

Dallas Cowboys

USER PICK

Denzel Mims

WR, Baylor

Dallas Cowboys

USER PICK

Colby Parkinson

TE, Stanford

Dallas Cowboys

USER PICK

Bravvion Roy

IDL, Baylor

Might not be Mims, but I could see a talented WR prospect drop to the 3rd, just based on the depth of this class.

• Like 1