Draft watch 2020

resilient part 2

2 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

Do we really know that six months before the draft players stock go up and down all the time

It depends on the player and the position. Generally, you have a pretty good idea where the top guys will end up at this time of the year. QBs always fly up boards, but d-linemen are usually pretty static.

2 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

It depends on the player and the position. Generally, you have a pretty good idea where the top guys will end up at this time of the year. QBs always fly up boards, but d-linemen are usually pretty static.

Only time the DLine fly up is 

A) Freak Combine B) Dominant Senior Bowl week.

I remember Von Miller was liked, but would seemingly be available in the start of round two.

Then the secret got out and he crushed the Senior Bowl and was the second pick.

Chase Young will stay as a top 3 pick barring QBs
A.J. Epenesa last I heard was dropping a bit...but havent checked in.

Some interesting DTs.

I would be all for the Eagles getting Javon Kinlaw...big (almost 6'7" 305lbs+) and athletic. Him and Cox would be fun to watch. Especially the next couple years with Malik Jackson rotating through too.

10 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

Do we really know that six months before the draft players stock go up and down all the time

I don't know how many times people on this board have to get the rug pulled out on statements like "no way will he be available", before they learn their lesson. Every draft analyst had Randy Gregory and Jachai Polite as clear 1st round picks at this point in their draft process, too. La'el Collins was a top-10 pick until, literally, draft day. There are just way too many variables in this process. Talking with certainty in October about a draft that doesn't happen until April sets you (the royal you) up to look like a fool.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

My Top 5 for 2020....

1.] Chris Peterson / HC / Univ. of Washington

2.] Lincoln Riley / HC / Oklahoma Univ. 

3.] Eric Bienemy / OC / Kansas City

4.] David Shaw / HC / Stanford

5.] Dabo Swinney / HC / Clemson

Jerry ought to give Lincoln Riley a literal blank check. Definitely don't want David Shaw.

12 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

My Top 5 for 2020....

1.] Chris Peterson / HC / Univ. of Washington

2.] Lincoln Riley / HC / Oklahoma Univ. 

3.] Eric Bienemy / OC / Kansas City

4.] David Shaw / HC / Stanford

5.] Dabo Swinney / HC / Clemson

Not high on Swinney or Shaw. 

I'd include DeFilippo, Pete Carmichael or Dan Campbell. 

15 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Jerry ought to give Lincoln Riley a literal blank check. Definitely don't want David Shaw.

I don’t want any part of David Shaw, either. I’m not convinced that he’s discovered the forward pass yet.

Lincoln Riley poses a risk from a defensive perspective. There is ZERO doubt that he has a gift with QBs, but we need to make sure that we have a real defensive coordinator because OU not only doesn’t play a lick of defense, but they’re legitimately terrible when they actually try.

On 11/13/2019 at 5:59 PM, canadaluvsdallas said:

We can take this WR corp to the next level this year.

I have been yelling weapons for years. We finally have good Wrs and now this class comes out. We could use a TE. Though Jarwin might be the answer if he played more. 

BUT our defense is so bad, we need to draft everyone on defense it seems.