Draft watch 2020

resilient part 2

32 minutes ago, D82 said:

I mean...I'd almost be okay with having a safety who whiffs on a few tackles here and there in exchange for him being able to generate turnovers 

We have def been missing a true centerfielder ball hawk for many many years! It’s sad reality when your Linebackers are known for making more INT’s than your secondary

Edited by textaz03

6 minutes ago, textaz03 said:

We have def been missing a true centerfielder ball hawk for many many years! It’s sad reality when your Linebackers are known for making more INT’s than your secondary

I think it's been a weak point during Garrett's entire tenure to be honest. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, D82 said:

I think it's been a weak point during Garrett's entire tenure to be honest. 

Part of the bend but don’t break mantra we have established. I will def love to see a different, more aggressive approach going forward with the new regime. 

• Like 1

Just now, textaz03 said:

Part of the bend but don’t break mantra we have established. I will def love to see a different, more aggressive approach going forward with the new regime. 

A more aggressive approach starting with drafting a DT in the first that can rush the passer consistently and signing a legit NT. 

• Like 1

I really want a DT who can collapse the pocket.  That being said we have Hill, who despite being a 2nd round pick can't get close to seeing playing time.  We will pass on a DT because of Hill's "potential".  Gotta give Hill a chance they will cry.  How can he reach his potential if we draft someone?  Geez I don't know how about earning it?  SMH.

Deep year for OT.  Draft one and you have Smith's replacement.  That's a little too proactive.

Solid WR'S available.  Despite the price paid for Cooper he does not produce on the road and will want big $.  Personally I'm not prepared to pay him.

When all is said and done I think we go CB.  Jones may not be resigned and Awuzie is awful.

13 minutes ago, Northland said:

I really want a DT who can collapse the pocket.  That being said we have Hill, who despite being a 2nd round pick can't get close to seeing playing time.  We will pass on a DT because of Hill's "potential".  Gotta give Hill a chance they will cry.  How can he reach his potential if we draft someone?  Geez I don't know how about earning it?  SMH.

If you're already frustrated with the Dallas Cowboys because of a hypothetical about the draft before we've even changed the coaching staff, it's going to be a long offseason for you.

It would be very surprising to me if DT wasn't a strong consideration for the Cowboys. 

9 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

If you're already frustrated with the Dallas Cowboys because of a hypothetical about the draft before we've even changed the coaching staff, it's going to be a long offseason for you.

It would be very surprising to me if DT wasn't a strong consideration for the Cowboys. 

Especially with Crawford most likely an offseason casualty, I believe Bennett and Collins are FA’s, and Woods is a RFA (I think). That’s just goin off the top my head. DT will be a big need this offseason IMO

25 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

My friend its not a draft hypothetical that has me frustrated. Close to 25 years of mediocrity has made me just a tad cynical.  That being said the prospect of a new staff has restored some optimism in me.  Re the draft I think we go CB or S.  As I mentioned above Jones may not be resigned, Awuzie is awful, and it has been a lifetime since we had a playmaking safety.  My preference would be a big playmaking DT.

Edited by Northland

DT just feels like a spot they have to turn over with Crawford a likely cap casualty, Collins, Covington, and Bennett UFAs, Woods an RFA, and Hill *potentially* a huge bust. It's possible the team turns over the CB and DE positions more but I would think Jones and Quinn both have a chance to re-sign

How much they put into rebuilding the DT position is to be seen, but you'd think it'll be a defense heavy draft assuming Amari re-signs, and probably even if he doesn't

Edited by matt79511