Around the NFL Thread

beardown3231

6 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Not to beat a dead horse but watching Mahomes make plays as effortlessly as he makes it look is hard to watch. 

You're also seeing an offense orchestrated by Reid as opposed to Loggai- I mean, Nagy. Substantial difference.

Look at the difference in production with Minshrew vs our QBs to see further evidence of how bad our offense is. I know you already know but just wow.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Wait--why? Really? 

xD I'm joking.

I've liked watching Henry run a lot sonce his early days at Bama, so I have been rooting for them for a few years. 

Honestly I dislike him especially after his crybaby tour after the Eagles loss, so I won't root for him specifically but I don't actually hate the Titans. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

xD I'm joking.

I've liked watching Henry run a lot sonce his early days at Bama, so I have been rooting for them for a few years. 

Honestly I dislike him especially after his crybaby tour after the Eagles loss, so I won't root for him specifically but I don't actually hate the Titans. 

Yeah I honestly hope he goes 1-4 against the Broncos and he gets cut. I'll never forgive him. He was a headache all of last year and it culminated against Philly. His acts afterward were the cherries on top. f*** him

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Sugashane said:

You're also seeing an offense orchestrated by Reid as opposed to Loggai- I mean, Nagy. Substantial difference.

Look at the difference in production with Minshrew vs our QBs to see further evidence of how bad our offense is. I know you already know but just wow.

I'm starting to question just how long Mahomes' body is gonna last in this league given his play-style. He throws some unreal passes that I have never seen anyone make but man does his body take a beating and we saw the results of that last night.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

I'm starting to question just how long Mahomes' body is gonna last in this league given his play-style. He throws some unreal passes that I have never seen anyone make but man does his body take a beating and we saw the results of that last night.

He'll dial it down I'm sure. Rodgers took a ton of shots when he refused to slide, then after getting lit up one time too many they literally took timeout of his practice to work on learning how to. Mahomes will likely be the same. Take a few unnecessary shots that cost them a game and he will have that same reference point to see he needs to make a change. 

It'll probably be a painful lesson though.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

He'll dial it down I'm sure. Rodgers took a ton of shots when he refused to slide, then after getting lit up one time too many they literally took timeout of his practice to work on learning how to. Mahomes will likely be the same. Take a few unnecessary shots that cost them a game and he will have that same reference point to see he needs to make a change. 

It'll probably be a painful lesson though.

Rodgers learning to adapt is a good comparison. I would also say it's gonna be on Reid to make the adjustments as well to help protect him and that has to start with running the ball more instead of trying to have Mahomes scramble and/or chuck the ball on every down. That's only gonna shorten Mahomes' career eve more. 

Def something to watch for over the next few years, that's for sure.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Rodgers learning to adapt is a good comparison. I would also say it's gonna be on Reid to make the adjustments as well to help protect him and that has to start with running the ball more instead of trying to have Mahomes scramble and/or chuck the ball on every down. That's only gonna shorten Mahomes' career eve more. 

I would hate to see mahomes go the RG3 route 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

McNabb took a lot of shots too so I imagine he would be more than happy to get this nipped in the bud. When Vick took over I don't think he was taking as many big shots either was he?

Watched the Niners Browns game last night. I am in love with that Niners run offense holy crap. Absolutely dominant. First time I'd watched them properly this season, heard all about them having three or four really good RBs. The RBs are good - but this is all on the OL, TEs and FB, all so athletic, great blockers and playing in a great scheme. 

To be fair, I probably fell in love with it after watching Montgomery slam in to a crowd of bodies at the line of scrimmage for the last five weeks.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, RJ_11 said:

Watched the Niners Browns game last night. I am in love with that Niners run offense holy crap. Absolutely dominant. First time I'd watched them properly this season, heard all about them having three or four really good RBs. The RBs are good - but this is all on the OL, TEs and FB, all so athletic, great blockers and playing in a great scheme. 

To be fair, I probably fell in love with it after watching Montgomery slam in to a crowd of bodies at the line of scrimmage for the last five weeks.

You are right..Shanny has the Niners rushing offense firing on all cylinders.  He is a great play caller and knows how to scheme players to open things up on offense.  Nagy should take a page out of his book.  Don't see why Shanny can be a successful play caller and HC at the same time and Nagy cannot.

I love how they still use the FB and teams know it yet they still run the ball down other team throats.  Raiders did this to us the other day as well and it worked.  It's not even as if the Niners o-line is much better shape than the Bears o-line so I don't know why Bears can;t have that same success.  It's not as if our guys are soft aside from maybe Leno.

So Nagy... we're still waiting for you to to show us why you were brought in here as this supposed offensive guru.