Around the NFL Thread

beardown3231

9 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

It doesn't really help their big issues though. They consistently don't put pressure on the QB and Goff is struggling this year. Also, Ramsey seems a tad crazy. I'm not thrilled with them giving up more for Ramsey than what the Bears gave up for Mack, but to each their own

Pass rush helps pass coverage and vise versa. 

2 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Of course. I just think pass rusher is a more premier position and a great pass rush helps a secondary more than a great secondary helps a pass rush. We'll see if it works out for them

That depends on how big the upgrades are.  There isn't a top2-3 pass rusher available for trade who's young and doesn't have a monster salary. (Von)  Ramsey gives them that huge upgrade. 

On 10/16/2019 at 11:24 AM, Bobby816 said:

What would it take for you guys to trade Leonard Floyd?

Jets need an edge rusher bad and can part with Leonard Williams.

What would the cost be for Floyd if we included Williams in the deal?

I would almost trade Floyd for Williams straight up if not for the big cap hit honestly (though that wouldn't be the initial offer I'd put on the table). Floyd is more of an off-ball LB than an EDGE though, his sacks and pressures often come from stunts. If you're looking for a lead passrusher he isn't going to be the guy. Williams would have to agree toa new deal before the trade could even be finalized too, IDK what he would even be asking for.

That being said I don't l know if Pace would even be willing to move on from Floyd yet, especially with Smith not being himself Trevathan having injury concerns previously, plus Aaron Lynch being the guy that would have to step up if Floyd was gone. IDK. He may be banking on him being able to play his role on the defense and then net a comp pick when someone else overpays him.

16 hours ago, Sugashane said:

I would almost trade Floyd for Williams straight up if not for the big cap hit honestly (though that wouldn't be the initial offer I'd put on the table). Floyd is more of an off-ball LB than an EDGE though, his sacks and pressures often come from stunts. If you're looking for a lead passrusher he isn't going to be the guy. Williams would have to agree toa new deal before the trade could even be finalized too, IDK what he would even be asking for.

Dude, you are fired as Negotiater. 

5 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Dude, you are fired as Negotiater. 

Obviously I wouldn't be saying that if I was in the business and had authority to make deals. But I doubt anyone from the Jets brass is going through here either. Since I'm not actually getting anything I can be honest, right? lol

Honestly if Pace is looking to keep Floyd on his 5th then I'd make the trade though, either should net a 3rd comp due to FA overpayment and I'd rather get that a year earlier (since Williams would be hitting FA a year earlier of course).

• Like 1

6 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

Mahomes set to miss about 3 weeks and of course they play the Packers and Vikings coming up ¬¬

I'd be surprised if he comes back this season at all at anything close to 100%.  He suffered a pretty serious injury and not the kind you want to rush back from.  

Edited by topwop1

1 hour ago, topwop1 said:

I'd be surprised if he comes back this season at all at anything close to 100%.  He suffered a pretty serious injury and not the kind you want to rush back from.  

I don't think they would be allowing him to come back in 3 weeks if they thought it was "pretty serious." Had there been some ligament damage, that's another story, but besides the kneecap dislocation the MRI came out clean.

4 hours ago, RunningVaccs said:

Just as a reminder,  Adam Gase was considered a serious possibility for HC at one point.  Things could be worse. That is all. 

891ec794661648e786c3cd12fc59f064.jpg?w=5

Love the picture (hilarious), but not the sentiment. Jets are trending up. He's developing Darnold very well. It could even be argued better than Nagy is developing Trubisky. 

1 hour ago, Heinz D. said:

Love the picture (hilarious), but not the sentiment. Jets are trending up. He's developing Darnold very well. It could even be argued better than Nagy is developing Trubisky. 

With regard to the QB you might have a point, but with regards to leading if6 a group here sounds like the opposite of Nagy, and headed for trouble