Around the NFL Thread

beardown3231

1 hour ago, Nads786 said:

Look at the 2018 class right now - Baker, Rosen, Darnold. They all look like busts. I doubt any of them will turn it around.

Baker was good last year; his coach is an idiot. Rosen never got a chance (but there's probably a reason for that). Darnold will be fine once they realize they made a mistake & fire Gase

48 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Baker was good last year; his coach is an idiot. Rosen never got a chance (but there's probably a reason for that). Darnold will be fine once they realize they made a mistake & fire Gase

His coach may be an idiot but his coach was also the OC last year so that excuse doesn't work for me.  Sounds awfully similar to what Bears are going through with Mitch this year.

30 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

His coach may be an idiot but his coach was also the OC last year so that excuse doesn't work for me.  Sounds awfully similar to what Bears are going through with Mitch this year.

Then I hate to add another excuse, but it's becoming evident that his star WR is a cancer, too.

1 minute ago, chisoxguy7 said:

The Eagles cut Andrew Sendejo to retain their comp pick. Remind me again why Mike Davis is still on our roster?

I don't know but they have up until Saturday to make that decision. For a team with a lack of draft capital next year I would say this is a no brainer move, especially since they don't run the ball much or use Davis at all whatsoever.

They can always bring up Nall or Whyte from the practice squad as well to take his roster spot. 

Just now, topwop1 said:

I don't know but they have up until Saturday to make that decision. For a team with a lack of draft capital next year I would say this is a no brainer move, especially since they don't run the ball much or use Davis at all whatsoever.

They can always bring up Nall or Whyte from the practice squad as well to take his roster spot. 

If the season is a wash anyways, sign a journeyman like CJ Anderson and let him take that mileage. Keep Montgomery fresh for a  year we will actually compete.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chisoxguy7 said:

If the season is a wash anyways, sign a journeyman like CJ Anderson and let him take that mileage. Keep Montgomery fresh for a  year we will actually compete.

I think that would defeat the purpose of releasing Davis for the comp pick though.  If they released him to sign another vet RB pretty sure it'd be wash and we wouldn't get the comp pick but I am not exactly sure how this whole process works.  Someone with more knowledge on it needs to break it down.

6 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

I think that would defeat the purpose of releasing Davis for the comp pick though.  If they released him to sign another vet RB pretty sure it'd be wash and we wouldn't get the comp pick but I am not exactly sure how this whole process works.  Someone with more knowledge on it needs to break it down.

Not if it is for less than 2 million which I think is the eligibility cut off.

• Like 1

If they keep Davis you can sign me up on the fire Pace train.  Nagy has a trait that I worry about, which is falling in love with an idea of his, and not being able to move on when it doesn't work out.  I hope Pace doesn't have that, but given the relatively cold way he's handling personnel (think about what a success story Merideth was going to be: Pace pick, local boy... but Pace cut bait on a injury calculation and turned out to be right.) I don't think that will be an issue. 

Kinda ****ty to keep him around all week though, if I was going to get fired I'd love to not have to practice first!

7 hours ago, RunningVaccs said:

If they keep Davis you can sign me up on the fire Pace train.  Nagy has a trait that I worry about, which is falling in love with an idea of his, and not being able to move on when it doesn't work out.  I hope Pace doesn't have that, but given the relatively cold way he's handling personnel (think about what a success story Merideth was going to be: Pace pick, local boy... but Pace cut bait on a injury calculation and turned out to be right.) I don't think that will be an issue. 

Kinda ****ty to keep him around all week though, if I was going to get fired I'd love to not have to practice first!

Which means he probably won't get fired.

17 hours ago, RunningVaccs said:

Welcome.

The others will be here shortly. I am going to charge more in 2020 for them to get on the bandwagon.

12 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Welcome.

The others will be here shortly. I am going to charge more in 2020 for them to get on the bandwagon.

It's a Canadian train, so  I bet it's affordably priced and runs on time and is warm and stocked with nice booze and food, however it probably take you to a vacant mine in Quebec.  I'm not ready!

I'm picking Davis as my hill to die on, or at least fall down on, roll off into a valley of watching some other fall sport for a couple years. Cheese rolling?

5 minutes ago, RunningVaccs said:

It's a Canadian train, so  I bet it's affordably priced and runs on time and is warm and stocked with nice booze and food, however it probably take you to a vacant mine in Quebec.  I'm not ready!

I'm picking Davis as my hill to die on, or at least fall down on, roll off into a valley of watching some other fall sport for a couple years. Cheese rolling?

I laughed at this just because that's where the Bears found their second last head coach from, Montreal, Quebec. Aka Marc Trestman, even though Trestman is American, still pretty funny.