Around the NFL Thread

beardown3231

7 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

And then Brissett threw an INT which Tennessee capitalized on with a 40 yard TD pass.

24 unanswered for TEN.

I don't have anything against the Colts but it was comical seeing this. EDIT - but seeing Mayfield's game-sealing INT was the highlight for me tonight.

Now MIA is beating PHI, it seems like Chicago is destined to always be in the hunt for the playoffs, and likely to be one game out again. Ugh.

Edited by Sugashane

34 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

I don't have anything against the Colts but it was comical seeing this. EDIT - but seeing Mayfield's game-sealing INT was the highlight for me tonight.

Now MIA is beating PHI, it seems like Chicago is destined to always be in the hunt for the playoffs, and likely to be one game out again. Ugh.

And I'm watching KC/OAK and early on + the last 2 weeks, Derek Carr has been horrendous. It's a shame the Bears couldn't beat these guys. Same could be said for the Philly and LAC games (maybe even throw LAR in there).

Edited by beardown3231

35 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

And I'm watching KC/OAK and early on + the last 2 weeks, Derek Carr has been horrendous. It's a shame the Bears couldn't beat these guys. Same could be said for the Philly and LAC games (maybe even throw LAR in there).

The Bears should have beat the Raiders and Chargers. The Rams were beatable but they deserved to lose the Philly game.

I still think the Packers can be beaten.

The Bears caught Carr when he was playing well.

Watching the ravens makes me envy them for having Jackson (I feel this way about every nfl team that drafted a competent qb recently) but his play style sets him up to get hit quite a bit more and opens it up for him to get injured. I think I’m mostly just disappointed that straight up every qb pick lately outside of like Rosen (and tru) have kinda boomed 

1 hour ago, TB 1 said:

The Bears should have beat the Raiders and Chargers. The Rams were beatable but they deserved to lose the Philly game.

I still think the Packers can be beaten.

The Bears caught Carr when he was playing well.

I don't even think Carr was great against the Bears. That was a game without Hicks and the massive OL of theirs dominated (and threw in some illegal chop blocks).

Oh well. If they beat Miami or the Giants last year, they may have won the whole thing. Woulda coulda shoulda

6 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

I don't even think Carr was great against the Bears. That was a game without Hicks and the massive OL of theirs dominated (and threw in some illegal chop blocks).

Oh well. If they beat Miami or the Giants last year, they may have won the whole thing. Woulda coulda shoulda

And Smith was mentally still MIA, Floyd was set for his regularly scheduled disappearing act, etc.

The game was a cluster****, but you're right, its over so oh well.

Back to rooting against a few teams and any NFC team near or above .500.

16 hours ago, Tyty said:

Watching the ravens makes me envy them for having Jackson (I feel this way about every nfl team that drafted a competent qb recently) but his play style sets him up to get hit quite a bit more and opens it up for him to get injured. I think I’m mostly just disappointed that straight up every qb pick lately outside of like Rosen (and tru) have kinda boomed 

Mayfield? Darnold?

1 hour ago, Tyty said:

What about those superstars 

Mayfield and Darnold have been just as up and down as Mitch has yet they both get more of a pass for some reason.

Mitch's reputation with the casual fan and national media is pretty bad and I don't really know how it got to be there.  It's as if people take pride in watching him not be successful.

The worst is Mike Lombardi. He actually goes out of his way to bash MT10 and like a typical meatball didn't give any praise to Mitch's performance the other day against Detroit..well because it was against the Lions.  Pretty unfair if you ask me.

Edited by topwop1
  • Like 1

Let's face facts for some reason the national media has always ragged on the Bears quarterback, sometimes for good reason.  They were hard on Harbaugh, they didn't give Kramer enough credit on his great couple of years, they called Grossman the worst quarterback to ever start a Super Bowl, they picked on Cutler every chance they got (including he was faking an injury in the championship game), and now they are on Trubisky.  While the debate over Trubisky/Mahomes/Watson will last until they are out of the league, Trubisky has gotten the short end of the stick nationally

2 hours ago, GBHalas said:

Let's face facts for some reason the national media has always ragged on the Bears quarterback, sometimes for good reason.  They were hard on Harbaugh, they didn't give Kramer enough credit on his great couple of years, they called Grossman the worst quarterback to ever start a Super Bowl, they picked on Cutler every chance they got (including he was faking an injury in the championship game), and now they are on Trubisky.  While the debate over Trubisky/Mahomes/Watson will last until they are out of the league, Trubisky has gotten the short end of the stick nationally

He was arguably the worst QB in football dating back to kickoff of the Rams game last year. He earned that. Passing on two top 8 QB's for him doesn't help

Still, I agree. I'm not sure why they go out of the way to do so. As soon as "Bears" is brought up the conversation goes right to Trubisky