Around the NFL Thread

beardown3231

1 minute ago, Sugashane said:

Either get "overpaid" to develop the OL or the QB. 

I don't see a point in anything else if the HC calls the plays. 

Nagy needs to be the guy to fix the QB.  That's what we paid him to do. I don't care either way but PR wise I think that's the way they go. My guess is heavy OL investment. 

Anyone know the cost to cut Leno?

4 hours ago, Damikeeeee said:

Nagy needs to be the guy to fix the QB.  That's what we paid him to do. I don't care either way but PR wise I think that's the way they go. My guess is heavy OL investment. 

Anyone know the cost to cut Leno?

I would agree but I'm not sure he can. He's had Tru for 2 years and he made a step forward last year then two back this year. I think Tru is a lost cause as a starter so I would prefer OL as well, Whitehair, Daniels, Coward, and Bars at least should be here for more than next year. Need to get them up to snuff and see if the latter two are more than reserve material. 

Yessir, It would be $7.376 mil dead cap. Saves just under $3mil, per spotrac. Post June 1st could spread that out over two years I believe but someone might prove me wrong. 

Edited by Sugashane

1 minute ago, Nads786 said:

Guys got the IT factor. You know when you see it.

I mean...I watched that game and was interested in the outcome, without really caring who won it. Then the next thing you know, Watson is doing his thing, and I'm practically a damn Texans fan.

Man, I wish he was a Bear. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

Rhule is the new coach in Carolina- 7 years, $60M (could be $70M with incentives)

Joe Judge is the new Giants coach- supposedly was *this* close to becoming the Mississippi State coach

That Rhule contract is nuts...I like the guy but a first time NFL HC should not be getting all that money...

Judge is either a master stroke or a disaster waiting to happen.

On 1/4/2020 at 8:37 PM, Heinz D. said:

I mean...I watched that game and was interested in the outcome, without really caring who won it. Then the next thing you know, Watson is doing his thing, and I'm practically a damn Texans fan.

Man, I wish he was a Bear. 

Watt has done that to me. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

That Rhule contract is nuts...I like the guy but a first time NFL HC should not be getting all that money...

Yeah...realistically, that's pretty stupid. Probably the way of the league going forward, though. 

6 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

Joe Judge is the new Giants coach- supposedly was *this* close to becoming the Mississippi State coach

I don't get that hire. At all. I know he's not a no-talent clown, and everything, but...WOW! 

2 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Judge is either a master stroke or a disaster waiting to happen.

Love Rhule, but holy crap. They made it clear they are betting everything on him. 

I don't get the Judge signing. I get that Harbaugh has done really well but if a ST coach was goong to get a shot why not Toub?

4 hours ago, G08 said:

Is Pat Shurmur rumored to be going anywhere? I heard WASH had interest but they found their guy. Carolina? Would he go back to Cleveland as HC or OC?

Shurmur most likely won't take a job unless he's the one calling the plays and it doesn't appear that Nagy is willing to give that up here.