Around the NFL Thread

beardown3231

5 hours ago, G08 said:

Is Pat Shurmur rumored to be going anywhere? I heard WASH had interest but they found their guy. Carolina? Would he go back to Cleveland as HC or OC?

Cleveland at HC would be great if he can fully guarantee his deal. Get paid for 3 years of HC pay after getting fired the first year (because Cleveland) and then get OC pay to stack with it for the last two when you get a job elsewhere? I'll sign. Lol 

6 hours ago, chisoxguy7 said:

Is McDaniels not interviewing anywhere? That would be pretty telling.

At the same time, it would also be telling if he took a job with a QB vacancy.

They were just talking on radio about Brady to Bears.

If you could get McDaniels and Brady as a package deal that would be something for a year or two.

Then Brady doesn't have to learn anything new.  Bears would never do it.  What would Nagy do?  Call timeouts?  He would be totally pointless.  And I think it would be equally pointless and stupid to put Brady in Nagy's system and not have Nagy change for Brady.  But Nagy isn't going to do that either.  

They aren't going to fire Nagy.  So the whole conversation is moot.

22 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

They were just talking on radio about Brady to Bears.

If you could get McDaniels and Brady as a package deal that would be something for a year or two.

Then Brady doesn't have to learn anything new.  Bears would never do it.  What would Nagy do?  Call timeouts?  He would be totally pointless.  And I think it would be equally pointless and stupid to put Brady in Nagy's system and not have Nagy change for Brady.  But Nagy isn't going to do that either.  

They aren't going to fire Nagy.  So the whole conversation is moot.

Yeah, with the Browns being the only remaining vacancy (and my personal belief that they go with Roman or Bieniemy), this would be more for a 2021 opening.

I think ultimately the Browns will avoid Stefanski. He has created a great run game in Minnesota, but I think Cleveland will prefer the more well rounded results produced by KC and Bal.

13 minutes ago, chisoxguy7 said:

Reports are that Teddy will only leave NO for a 'special situation'. Anyone wonder if Brady may leave New England, and Teddy goes there?

Could see Brady leaving for Miami, Tennessee, Los Angeles (chargers), or Tampa Bay

Unless Miami loaded up like mad in FA I couldn't see him going there. He doesn't want to lose. 

TB has Evans and OJ Howard so he has weapons there. 

Chargers have Allen, maybe Henry back, but don't look that good. Like a better version of MIA. 

TEN is an interesting one.  He was teammates with Vrabel, they have Henry who is an elite runner, need more talent on the outside but have enough to work with, and a good defense. I like that fit honestly. 

26 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Unless Miami loaded up like mad in FA I couldn't see him going there. He doesn't want to lose. 

TB has Evans and OJ Howard so he has weapons there. 

Chargers have Allen, maybe Henry back, but don't look that good. Like a better version of MIA. 

TEN is an interesting one.  He was teammates with Vrabel, they have Henry who is an elite runner, need more talent on the outside but have enough to work with, and a good defense. I like that fit honestly. 

With all of Miami's draft capital, if they add a QB who can play mistake-free football, as Brady does, I could see them making a big turnaround next year. They also have close to $100 million in cap space. The fact that Brian Flores is there is just icing on the cake.

53 minutes ago, chisoxguy7 said:

With all of Miami's draft capital, if they add a QB who can play mistake-free football, as Brady does, I could see them making a big turnaround next year. They also have close to $100 million in cap space. The fact that Brian Flores is there is just icing on the cake.

They might want to find 5 o-linemen because that unit is dreadful, and seeing as if how that was an area of weakness this year for NE, I can't imagine Brady wanting to go play behind another line like that.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

They might want to find 5 o-linemen because that unit is dreadful, and seeing as if how that was an area of weakness this year for NE, I can't imagine Brady wanting to go play behind another line like that.

Unless he, maybe, wants to stick it to Belichick...

8 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

Not hard to believe.

Guy's a ******* wanker...

Ha wanker gets through the filter, that's good to know.

He's got an interview with the Browns too I think. But seeing as they're the only vacancy left, they're interviewing every coach in the NFL and taking their time. Even Pats fans on the News thread about McDaniels getting interviews were saying how overrated he is.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RJ_11 said:

Ha wanker gets through the filter, that's good to know.

He's got an interview with the Browns too I think. But seeing as they're the only vacancy left, they're interviewing every coach in the NFL and taking their time. Even Pats fans on the News thread about McDaniels getting interviews were saying how overrated he is.

Wanker is very different in the USA than here...they were even able to say wanker on the Fresh Prince of Bel-air back in the day hahaha...

The problem I have always had with McDaniels is he seems like the kind of coach who would do something just to try and prove he knows better than anyone else...usually never works.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

The problem I have always had with McDaniels is he seems like the kind of coach who would do something just to try and prove he knows better than anyone else...usually never works.

There's a lot of evidence that McDaniels...isn't all there. 

I think how he handled the Cutler situation is the biggest thing, as far as his overall record goes.