Around the NFL Thread

beardown3231

2 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

There's a lot of evidence that McDaniels...isn't all there. 

I think how he handled the Cutler situation is the biggest thing, as far as his overall record goes. 

True, but being a young head coach with the immediate success he had offensively I can see why he thought he knew so much. To me if you're going to sign him you have to have a strong GM and you can't give him full control like you saw Denver do. I think he would be a solid to pair with Caserio. Rumors are that he wants out of New England, but who really knows how true anything like that is?

1 hour ago, Sugashane said:

True, but being a young head coach with the immediate success he had offensively I can see why he thought he knew so much. To me if you're going to sign him you have to have a strong GM and you can't give him full control like you saw Denver do. I think he would be a solid to pair with Caserio. Rumors are that he wants out of New England, but who really knows how true anything like that is?

Everybody always says he wants out of New England, and go off and do his own thing. Then he never does. I really think he wants to succeed Belichick. But, with Bill hanging on...there COULD be some frustration going on. 

But, as to what you posted, it was clearly a mistake of Denver to give him that much control. And frankly, he hasn't shown even a sliver of gumption (see; head coach, Indianapolis Colts) since then that should make any owner give him that sort of control. Opinions are opinions...and as such, should always be taken with a grain of salt. 

My opinion of McDaniels is that he's messed up. 

Chris Collinsworth said something during 49ers game. He must have got if from pregame interviews.  The49ers  O line really practices getting off the ball.  Like a track meet.  It really showed with their O line on Sat.  You don't hear a lot of NFL coaches talk about O line get off.  Not since Denver's zone heyday.   

I really like good O line play.  Always been something that fascinated me and not a lot of people pay attention to it.

De La Salle H.S. in CA would practice get off and tech over and over and over and their O line play was as good as it gets.  You can't poo poo high school coaches.  There are some great ones.  Reason I bring them up is I have never, NEVER, seen a team get off the ball on O line like they do.  It didn't just happen.  They drilled it over and over.  

I really tried to emulate them in my coaching from watching their tape, but back when I was doing it it was harder to find good stuff on net.  I didn't have their finer points at time.  You could fly out there for a clinic, but that was too expensive to justify for a hobby.

Here is a video so you can get an idea of what I am talking about.  https://binged.it/2NljDCb  They did that for a long time every year.  

Needless to say  I was really disappointed in with the Bears in 2019.  

A great O line coach if he can put his culture in is worth his weight in gold to any team.  

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Can't wait til they have to go through QB hell when Rodgers is finished.... like we have our whole lives 

I've lived in GB my whole life and it makes you kinda numb to the whole thing. They all have the exact same responses and "the bears still suck!"

• Like 1

10 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Chris Collinsworth said something during 49ers game. He must have got if from pregame interviews.  The49ers  O line really practices getting off the ball.  Like a track meet.  It really showed with their O line on Sat.  You don't hear a lot of NFL coaches talk about O line get off.  Not since Denver's zone heyday.   

I really like good O line play.  Always been something that fascinated me and not a lot of people pay attention to it.

De La Salle H.S. in CA would practice get off and tech over and over and over and their O line play was as good as it gets.  You can't poo poo high school coaches.  There are some great ones.  Reason I bring them up is I have never, NEVER, seen a team get off the ball on O line like they do.  It didn't just happen.  They drilled it over and over.  

I really tried to emulate them in my coaching from watching their tape, but back when I was doing it it was harder to find good stuff on net.  I didn't have their finer points at time.  You could fly out there for a clinic, but that was too expensive to justify for a hobby.

Here is a video so you can get an idea of what I am talking about.  https://binged.it/2NljDCb  They did that for a long time every year.  

Needless to say  I was really disappointed in with the Bears in 2019.  

A great O line coach if he can put his culture in is worth his weight in gold to any team.  

Awesome vid. I love what they do. Anything to the outside seemed to have the backside blockers cutting inside their guys and going straight to the 2nd level. We did that in high school for anything outside the 3 and 4, and even if it was that or inside then we would have the outside man still go straight to the 2nd level. I've tried to get my kids to do it but they are still too narrow viewed, but they're really only 9. I'll still have the backside TE do it though. 

• Like 1