Around the NFL Thread

beardown3231

I never paid much attention to BOB, but that fake punt at that point in the game with that field position ... was a pretty jaw dropping call.  Even if they made the first I think that is a crazy decision.  

After declining to go for it on 4th and 1 and kick a field goal?  He had right idea to step on their throat or keep pedal down, whatever metaphor you want to use.  That is time to do it.  Not in your own territory on a fake field goal.   

I can see why Texas fans are pissed.  

I guess you can say he isn't predictable.  But he changed whole momentum of that game.  The KC fans were booing the team just a little bit before. 

He is going to have a lot of sleepless nights.   

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

I never paid much attention to BOB, but that fake punt at that point in the game with that field position ... was a pretty jaw dropping call.  Even if they made the first I think that is a crazy decision.  

After declining to go for it on 4th and 1 and kick a field goal?  He had right idea to step on their throat or keep pedal down, whatever metaphor you want to use.  That is time to do it.  Not in your own territory on a fake field goal.   

I can see why Texas fans are pissed.  

I guess you can say he isn't predictable.  But he changed whole momentum of that game.  The KC fans were booing the team just a little bit before. 

He is going to have a lot of sleepless nights.   

Never really liked BOB and that just cemented it for me.  Terrible decision and he blew away any momentum Texans had to that point.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Never really liked BOB and that just cemented it for me.  Terrible decision and he blew away any momentum Texans had to that point.

The Texans as a whole reflect his decisions and philosophy. I kind of like them to be honest, but it would be almost as frustrating as being a Bears fan as they keep making whacko decisions. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, RunningVaccs said:

The Texans as a whole reflect his decisions and philosophy. I kind of like them to be honest, but it would be almost as frustrating as being a Bears fan as they keep making whacko decisions. 

Well they don't even have a GM in Houston anymore...BOB has been given the Bill Belichick treatment on that team, which is beyond my comprehension.

Then he goes and trades like 10 first round picks this past season for Tunsil and Stills and then traded Clowney for peanuts. DOH.

1 minute ago, topwop1 said:

Well they don't even have a GM in Houston anymore...BOB has been given the Bill Belichick treatment on that team, which is beyond my comprehension.

Then he goes and trades like 10 first round picks this past season for Tunsil and Stills and then traded Clowney for peanuts. DOH.

Watson is what makes that team good. I feel bad for DeShaun because with BOB at the helm they will never take it to the next level.

2 hours ago, topwop1 said:

Yup. Definitely win now moves.

13 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

Luke Keuchly has retired at 28. So tough to see. The guy was great. I wish him success outside of the game

I remember I transferred schools my senior year of HS.  Because of this I had to really work to break into starting line up as an unknown even though I was better than guys in front of me.   I am not a physically imposing huge guy so I am not an obvious start.  

Point is coaches had me on JV team to start season and JV played on Sat. mornings early.  By 3rd game I had won a starting position and was playing Friday nights, but they still had me on JV team as well.

That first Sat. morning after a Friday night game was miserable.  Trying to play a second football game I mean.  I  could barely move my neck and my whole body was sore.  I had no idea how sore I was immediately after a football game, because my whole football life I was always perfectly fine and healed by Monday practice following one football game.   

I can't imagine having man strength and size along with your opponents and playing this game and what it would do to your body for 8 - 15 years past high school.  I can imagine actually and I have to think you would be perpetually sore and beat up.

If you have made 60 million plus and you aren't feeling great there is nothing wrong with just stopping.  Not that you have to have the 60 million+, but that certainly helps in the decision.

I think a lot of guys in past would push themselves for as many years as they could because they felt they could never work another job.  Well if you have made millions and weren't a complete idiot you don't have to do that anymore.

Edited by dll2000

33 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Raheem Mostert...RB for 49ers.

We had this guy on the roster in 2016 when Fox was here.

Why didn't we keep him? Dude is balling.

He's been on 7 teams but IIRC he had an awesome pro day.

Niners and Chiefs are clearly the 2 best teams. Not sure I remember both conference champs looking like easily the 2 best teams.