Sign in to follow this  
beardown3231

Around the NFL Thread

16 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

It's more meaningful for Trubisky, who has less big game experience. 

What big game experience at any level does Josh Allen or Ryan Fitzpatrick have? Plus, what preseason game would Trubisky have to play in in order to get "big game experience?"

3 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Actually...

I should be posting this in the "Mitch is a bust" thread, or whatever the hell it's called...but when you look at the QBs coming up just next year, AND the teams realistically looking for quarterbacks...

I'm gonna be plain. Clear. While I haven't given up on Mitch yet, if the Bears and I come to that conclusion by the end of the season...Pace will be able to draft another young QB (with a trade). And as crazy as it sounds, maybe not even crush the organization all that much. I hope it doesn't come to that (and doubt it will), but let's realize it's still a real option. 

Not sure how far up you can move with two 2's. Where does that get you, the 25th pick?

Edited by beardown3231

Watching Watson tonight after watching Mahomes yesterday is depressing...both are light years ahead of Mitch....Drooling...

6 minutes ago, dafreak said:

Watching Watson tonight after watching Mahomes yesterday is depressing...both are light years ahead of Mitch....Drooling...

Why would you drool? It's not like the Bears can get any of them now

2 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Why would you drool? It's not like the Bears can get any of them now

Drooling for what could have been with our current roster....

19 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

What big game experience at any level does Josh Allen or Ryan Fitzpatrick have? Plus, what preseason game would Trubisky have to play in in order to get "big game experience?"

Dude, Trubisky has played less ball than most QBs. Also, almost every team who sat their starters for most (or all) of the pre-season had absolutely putrid debuts this season. That's not a coincidence.

20 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

Not sure how far up you can move with two 2's. Where does that get you, the 25th pick?

Pace could package more, but with the way the league is right now, and how the draft is shaping up, it's entirely conceivable the 25th pick could fetch a starter, anyway. 

1 hour ago, Heinz D. said:

Dude, Trubisky has played less ball than most QBs. Also, almost every team who sat their starters for most (or all) of the pre-season had absolutely putrid debuts this season. That's not a coincidence.

Pace could package more, but with the way the league is right now, and how the draft is shaping up, it's entirely conceivable the 25th pick could fetch a starter, anyway. 

And I just showed that most teams who played their starters also had miserable debuts.

Johnathan Abram, Oakland's rookie SS that they took with one of their 3 first round picks, tore his rotator cuff and is out for the year

Hunter Henry, to the surprise of no one, is hurt again. Broken tibia. I feel like there's something wrong with his legs every 3 seconds

Edited by beardown3231

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

Just imagine if Bears had so and so in their prime at QB.

Just imagine it.

Maybe Trubisky is so so and we're all acting like we need missed our psychotropic medicine over 1 game

2 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Just imagine if Bears had so and so in their prime at QB.

Just imagine it.

I gotta disagree.  "So and So" didn't have the arm or much mobility.  I'd rather have had "The Other One".  :D

7 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

Johnathan Abram, Oakland's rookie SS that they took with one of their 3 first round picks, tore his rotator cuff and is out for the year

Hunter Henry, to the surprise of no one, is hurt again. Broken tibia. I feel like there's something wrong with his legs every 3 seconds

Good God they're dropping like flies!!! 

Well knock on wood we stay healthy for another week because the last thing we need at this point is any key injuries.

On 9/8/2019 at 10:28 PM, beardown3231 said:

Winston, Allen, Ryan, Fitzpatrick, and Murray combined for 7 touchdowns and 9 interceptions (including 3 pick 6's)

What do they have in common?

They were 5 of the top 6 QB's in terms of preseason snaps. Those snaps were so valuable and helpful! Wow! Man oh man preseason is so meaningful.

*eye roll*

Cmon man. this is a reach. So let me get this straight. Of all the cherry-picking you could have done, this is what you decided to use this an example!?

--A 21 year old rookie QB playing in his first NFL game.
--3 of the worst starting QB's in the league.
--A QB(Ryan) playing on the road against a top defense who pressured him all day and has been a top 5-7 pass defense for 4 years in a row

7 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Cmon man. this is a reach. So let me get this straight. Of all the cherry-picking you could have done, this is what you decided to use this an example!?

--A 21 year old rookie QB playing in his first NFL game.
--3 of the worst starting QB's in the league.
--A QB(Ryan) playing on the road against a top defense who pressured him all day and has been a top 5-7 pass defense for 4 years in a row

Mayfield- 39 snaps*

Jackson- 34**

Mariota- 31**

Prescott- 29**

Brissett- 28**

Watson- 13**

Carr- 6**

Played poorly*

Played very well**

I think we need a more civil discourse around here, so let's find some common ground and simplify the discussion.  Should we do politics, Ford/Chevy, religion or beer?