Around the NFL Thread

beardown3231

51 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

God I hope this isn't true

"Ryan Pace calling the offensive line a “real” issue was about these grades. Every single offensive lineman graded down from a year ago. (Cody Whitehair the least significant of the bunch.) But the team doesn’t believe it was a talent issue. They believe it was a scheme/coaching issue."

I think he is looking to replace RG and find depth. 

1 hour ago, WindyCity said:

"Ryan Pace calling the offensive line a “real” issue was about these grades. Every single offensive lineman graded down from a year ago. (Cody Whitehair the least significant of the bunch.) But the team doesn’t believe it was a talent issue. They believe it was a scheme/coaching issue."

It was both coaching and players. Daniels was clearly slower and weaker than last season which is amazing because he just turned 21 last year.  Ditto Leno.  Long was a joke, literally falling down trying to make basic blocks.  

At same time as a group with TEs they were constantly missing assignments and utilizing poor fundamentals and aiming points.  A lot of that is on coaching. 

Just now, dll2000 said:

It was both coaching and players. Daniels was clearly slower and weaker than last season which is amazing because he just turned 21 last year.  Ditto Leno.  Long was a joke, literally falling down trying to make basic blocks.  

At same time as a group with TEs they were constantly missing assignments and utilizing poor fundamentals and aiming points.  A lot of that is on coaching. 

49ers oline was night and day with execution compared to Bears.  

Contrast was unbelievable. They aren't even as talented as a lot of Olines. Titans Oline is better. Just great coaching and player execution.  

12 hours ago, Nads786 said:

“We got a defense “

I was thinking about that yesterday too.  Rodgers took that excuse off the table when he said that.  My favorite Rodgers quote (he said it as a way to take a shot at Brett Favre after winning his "first" Super Bowl in 2010).  

"As quarterbacks, we earn a paycheck during the regular season, but we build our legacy in the playoffs."  

40 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

49ers oline was night and day with execution compared to Bears.  

Contrast was unbelievable. They aren't even as talented as a lot of Olines. Titans Oline is better. Just great coaching and player execution.  

Dude... your avatar.. 

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

I was thinking about that yesterday too.  Rodgers took that excuse off the table when he said that.  My favorite Rodgers quote (he said it as a way to take a shot at Brett Favre after winning his "first" Super Bowl in 2010).  

"As quarterbacks, we earn a paycheck during the regular season, but we build our legacy in the playoffs."  

He has not delivered in the playoffs. His defense has been terrible basically every year expect the one he won the SB. Was anyone surprised their D sucked yet again? Statistically they were not good in anyway.

Just now, Nads786 said:

He has not delivered in the playoffs. His defense has been terrible basically every year expect the one he won the SB. Was anyone surprised their D sucked yet again? Statistically they were not good in anyway.

I've been shaking my head all year wondering how they kept winning.  There was nothing particularly impressive about their team other than the Smith brothers on defense, their running back, and one wide receiver.  I think it was one of those years where everything just went their way.  I will give them credit for winning the 13 games they did win, though.  They swept the Vikings too (then again, so did 'da Bears), so it's not like I have much room to talk about the Packers.

4 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

I've been shaking my head all year wondering how they kept winning.  There was nothing particularly impressive about their team other than the Smith brothers on defense, their running back, and one wide receiver.  I think it was one of those years where everything just went their way.  I will give them credit for winning the 13 games they did win, though.  They swept the Vikings too (then again, so did 'da Bears), so it's not like I have much room to talk about the Packers.

They reminded me of the 13-3 Bears from 2001. The team did nothing well expect stop the run. They won two of those games purely on luck. They were crushed by the Eagles.

Just now, Sugashane said:

Kudos for owning up on your part of the wager. I would have taken the bet too. How long is the sentence?

I don't know.  I can't find original terms.  I was just looking.  3 weeks or something?  

I remember deal was winner got to pick the Avi.  But he never did so I just grabbed one.  I think he was letting me off hook, but I pay my bets.  

This is why I don't gamble.  Back in early summer I figured there was no way 2019 Packers were going to be better than 2019 Bears.  He actually agreed with me and took bet  just for fun.

• Like 1

Just now, dll2000 said:

I don't know.  I can't find original terms.  I was just looking.  3 weeks or something?  

I remember deal was winner got to pick the Avi.  But he never did so I just grabbed one.  I think he was letting me off hook, but I pay my bets.  

This is why I don't gamble.  Back in early summer I figured there was no way 2019 Packers were going to be better than 2019 Bears.  He actually agreed with me and took bet  just for fun.

@Sugashane

Maybe I can go on their thread and comment without all of them throwing rocks at me now.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, WindyCity said:

I would agree with them...I don't feel Leno, Massie, Whitehair or Daniels are without talent but they are all far better suited to a zone scheme over a power one...get a talented RG and I think we see a big bounce back from the OL. 

• Like 1