Around the NFL Thread

beardown3231

21 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

I think what he’s saying is that with where we are financially we can’t get significantly better for 2020 at QB in FA without gutting other important parts of our team, and that the likelihood that the 5th or 6th best QB prospect in this or any given draft class is ready to not only come in and play right away but to do so at the level of a capable starter is pretty darn low. I would agree with that, and will go further to say that if Nagy and/or Pace think they’re getting another shot at drafting a potential franchise QB they’re probably not looking to do so on the 5th or 6th best QB prospect in this or any given draft class. 

I think he’s saying we’re stuck in between a rock and a hard place. 

We are stuck, I agree on that. However, I think we're stuck by Pace's devotion (self-absorption?), beyond all else. Maybe a rookie can't come in and play at the level of a capable starter, but as far as I'm concerned, it's DOUBTFUL Mitch can, either. 

And just to elaborate, I wasn't calling @WindyCity out, or anything. Well...not past him clarifying his position. That's all. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, RunningVaccs said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/DanSileoShow/status/1225970044204535809

Someone I don't know anything about claims the Bears were asking about the number 1 pick

2(43)

2(50)

1(2021)

2(2021)

1(2022)

2(2022)

I am pretty sure this is what it would cost.

Maybe they can toss in a young player to offset some of the cost.

1 hour ago, RunningVaccs said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/DanSileoShow/status/1225970044204535809

Someone I don't know anything about claims the Bears were asking about the number 1 pick

Huh? Wow. If true, of course. There were rumblings that Burrow wanted nothing to do with southeast Ohio (he grew up there and doesn't want to go back). Maybe that's the case?

36 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I would prefer

2(43)

1(2021)

1(2022)

1(2023)

1(2024)

Pace sucks in round 1

You would still have your round 2 picks every year to build with.

That's...pretty funny. Funny because it's kind of true. :)

51 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Also, Pace would trade up to 1 and take Justin Herbert.

That's even funnier. :D (We'd still be better off with Herbert, though.)

51 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

2(43)

2(50)

1(2021)

2(2021)

1(2022)

2(2022)

I am pretty sure this is what it would cost.

Maybe they can toss in a young player to offset some of the cost.

If the Bengals are actually listening to an offer from the Bears, it would absolutely shock me if Trubisky wasn't part of any deal. Mitch is from Ohio, isn't he? Now...Mitch isn't going to take away those first round picks, but he might save a second this year, maybe reduce one of those other seconds to something lower. I simply don't know if that is enough of an immediate return for the Bengals, though. From a strategic standpoint, it would make sense, but their fanbase might show up with torches and pitchforks...

31 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Huh? Wow. If true, of course. There were rumblings that Burrow wanted nothing to do with southeast Ohio (he grew up there and doesn't want to go back). Maybe that's the case?

That's...pretty funny. Funny because it's kind of true. :)

That's even funnier. :D (We'd still be better off with Herbert, though.)

If the Bengals are actually listening to an offer from the Bears, it would absolutely shock me if Trubisky wasn't part of any deal. Mitch is from Ohio, isn't he? Now...Mitch isn't going to take away those first round picks, but he might save a second this year, maybe reduce one of those other seconds to something lower. I simply don't know if that is enough of an immediate return for the Bengals, though. From a strategic standpoint, it would make sense, but their fanbase might show up with torches and pitchforks...

I think the rumblings were fans saying "why would anyone want to play for the Bengals?" Burrow has made it clear he'd love to play there

29 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Not sure I’d trade that for Mahomes tbh. Still have to field a team around him. 

I would give up my 1st round pick every year Mahomes was on my team.

You can still build without them and elite QB play is that big a difference maker.

1 hour ago, beardown3231 said:

I think the rumblings were fans saying "why would anyone want to play for the Bengals?" Burrow has made it clear he'd love to play there

Actually no, I've seen stuff from football media types saying Burrow doesn't want to go back to Ohio--which, of course, flies in the face of what he's said publicly, but you'd expect him to say he's going to play wherever he's drafted at this stage of the game. It's all just rumors though, and for every rumor those guys get right, there's two or three that they get wrong, or that don't materialize. 

1 minute ago, AZBearsFan said:

Sure. Mahomes is a known commodity though. Burrows isn’t. 

Good point. 

Still, I wonder if the Bears even have enough to do the trade up. Maybe the Bengals are interested in more than just Trubisky? (On the player side, and provided this rumor is even true.) 

3 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

Actually no, I've seen stuff from football media types saying Burrow doesn't want to go back to Ohio--which, of course, flies in the face of what he's said publicly, but you'd expect him to say he's going to play wherever he's drafted at this stage of the game. It's all just rumors though, and for every rumor those guys get right, there's two or three that they get wrong, or that don't materialize. 

Good point. 

Still, I wonder if the Bears even have enough to do the trade up. Maybe the Bengals are interested in more than just Trubisky? (On the player side, and provided this rumor is even true.) 

Can you provide a link of such? I haven't seen any of it