Around the NFL 2019

lumberjackchris

Just now, Pastor Dillon said:

Marcus Peters was just traded for a 5th round pick. We should have jumped on that deal 

Everyone who follows the Rams says Peters has lost it - he takes way too many risks and gets burned really badly about 4-5 times a game now, he's basically turned into DeAngelo Hall.

I wouldn't mind if we brought him in, but I'm not going to freak out because we didn't. Two teams moved him for less than his perceived value, that tells me he's not as good as we perceive him to be.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

Everyone who follows the Rams says Peters has lost it - he takes way too many risks and gets burned really badly about 4-5 times a game now, he's basically turned into DeAngelo Hall.

I wouldn't mind if we brought him in, but I'm not going to freak out because we didn't. Two teams moved him for less than his perceived value, that tells me he's not as good as we perceive him to be.

He’s got a better pff grade than any cb on our roster 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ET80 said:

That's fair, but I'm basing this off of what Rams fans are saying - he's a rental at most, keeping him long term will eventually backfire.

It’s all irrelevant now but a rental is what we need. 

CB is a concern for me moving forward. We aren’t going to have the money to pay a true number 1 CB. My hope is that we resign Roby 3/30 type deal otherwise we are going to be thin. We have a 2nd round pick we can use on a CB but that’s dangerous to trust next year. 
if Lonnie Johnson doesn’t develop into a true starting level CB we are gonna be in a mess when Tunsil and Watson are taking up 40 million in cap space 

So just for clarity here are the picks we have over the next two years

2nd round pick

Seattle 3rd round pick 

projected comp 3rd round pick

4th round pick 

Miami 4th round pick 

5th round pick

7th round pick 

3rd round pick

4th round pick

5th round pick

6th round pick

Miami 6th round pick

7th round pick

so we have some draft Capitol still in 2020 and will be really thin in 2021

3 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

I had read that we wouldn’t get anything for Kareem. That would be a steal if we could get another 3rd. Give us 4 picks in top 3 rounds to address some issues. 

I think that is what the thing he posted kind of said. Roby and Kareem were close. If both were on the same level they'd cancel out so we'd get nothing. If Roby's value drops then he no longer cancels Kareem out and we'd get the pick which he projects as a 3rd. Playing time is a big factor in the analysis so missing so much time with the injury is likely to drop Roby down to 4th round value and therefore not cancel Kareem out.

2 minutes ago, mse326 said:

I think that is what the thing he posted kind of said. Roby and Kareem were close. If both were on the same level they'd cancel out so we'd get nothing. If Roby's value drops then he no longer cancels Kareem out and we'd get the pick which he projects as a 3rd. Playing time is a big factor in the analysis so missing so much time with the injury is likely to drop Roby down to 4th round value and therefore not cancel Kareem out.

I don’t really understand how all that works. I thought it was solely based on the contract guys signed and not anything else.