Around the NFL 2019

lumberjackchris

4 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

I don’t really understand how all that works. I thought it was solely based on the contract guys signed and not anything else. 

They've never released the actual formula but some have reverse engineered it fairly accurately. Contract is the biggest factor, but playing time is also a major factor. So Roby who is on the bubble with his contract between 3rd and 4th will go one way or the other based on playing time. Foles on the other hand is likely to remain a 3rd regardless of playing time because of how high the contract was. So contract isn't necessarily the sole factor but if solidly enough in a certain draft pick value range is dispositive for all intents and purposes. Since Roby doesn't fall in that camp, however, his playing time will be relevant.

• Like 1

Polling the room - we only have next years' 2nd round pick as far as a top 64 pick to deal. Would anyone oppose using that pick to trade for Patrick Peterson or Chris Harris Jr?

I'd be OK with it, but not sure everyone else would be OK with it.

• 2 weeks later...

No game this week but at least we have 2 in the next 11 days 

here’s some things to root for today 

Bengals over ravens

Browns over bills

Titans over Chiefs(though it’s really win/win)

dolphins over colts

Rams over steelers

its not looking like we will get much help today. We will drop out of 1st with a colts win but we have time to make that up.