Sign in to follow this  
lumberjackchris

Around the NFL 2019

4 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

I don’t really understand how all that works. I thought it was solely based on the contract guys signed and not anything else. 

They've never released the actual formula but some have reverse engineered it fairly accurately. Contract is the biggest factor, but playing time is also a major factor. So Roby who is on the bubble with his contract between 3rd and 4th will go one way or the other based on playing time. Foles on the other hand is likely to remain a 3rd regardless of playing time because of how high the contract was. So contract isn't necessarily the sole factor but if solidly enough in a certain draft pick value range is dispositive for all intents and purposes. Since Roby doesn't fall in that camp, however, his playing time will be relevant.

Polling the room - we only have next years' 2nd round pick as far as a top 64 pick to deal. Would anyone oppose using that pick to trade for Patrick Peterson or Chris Harris Jr?

I'd be OK with it, but not sure everyone else would be OK with it.

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

Polling the room - we only have next years' 2nd round pick as far as a top 64 pick to deal. Would anyone oppose using that pick to trade for Patrick Peterson or Chris Harris Jr?

I'd be OK with it, but not sure everyone else would be OK with it.

We are all in. Do it. 

3 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

We are all in. Do it. 

I'd want a 5th or 6th in return for a CHJ deal, but I'd go straight up 2nd for Peterson...

2 hours ago, lumberjackchris said:

TY out 3-4 weeks for the Colts 👀

And we play them in 4 weeks when he will be ready for a break out come back game 

1 hour ago, lumberjackchris said:

Brisett down and grabbing his knee 👀

Colts, Jags, Titans all losing at the moment. Could go into the bye 1/2 game up in the division. 

we would be the 2 seed as of this afternoon. 

7 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Colts, Jags, Titans all losing at the moment. Could go into the bye 1/2 game up in the division. 

we would be the 2 seed as of this afternoon. 

Half right. We’re a half game up in the division but Baltimore took the Pats to the woodshed tonight. 

7 hours ago, amazingandre said:

Half right. We’re a half game up in the division but Baltimore took the Pats to the woodshed tonight. 

That’s what happens when you have to play your first real game 2 months into the season

No game this week but at least we have 2 in the next 11 days 

here’s some things to root for today 

Bengals over ravens

Browns over bills

Titans over Chiefs(though it’s really win/win)

dolphins over colts

Rams over steelers

its not looking like we will get much help today. We will drop out of 1st with a colts win but we have time to make that up. 

source.gif

finally pulled myself together after a terrible hangover to turn on the tv and catch the end of the Dolphins/Colts game and I Could Not Believe My Eyes