Nick Foles Out Indefinitely with Broken Clavicle

DigInBoys

4 hours ago, SkippyX said:

Minshew went 22 of 25 over 47+ minutes of a game that was 17-7 when he entered it.

I guess there is no accounting for how people will lie to themselves about absolutely everything that does not fit their instant hot take.

Yeah like a duck in a pond

Legs were moving a lot but they didnt really go anywhere.

15 hours ago, Chiefer said:

I meant the points, 13 of which were 4th quarter(iirc) when the game was already over

He actually played pretty well yardage wise but Chiefs locked it up and they settled for field goals.

They settles for FGs because they kept shooting themselves in the foot with penalties.

It was 17-7 when Minshew came in and he immediately moved the team to KC 27. Holding call after that, 1st and 20 and drive halts.

Chiefs score 20-10 (still not garbage time).

Next series throws a bomb for 69 yards. 1st and goal...again another holding and forced to kick a FG.

Chiefs score another FG...23-13. Game almost out of hand,but still a TD and FG from a tie. Far from garbage time.

Leads drive to KC 28 and would have been a 1st down near red zone if Fournette hadn't fumbled.

KC scores a TD...and the game is over essentially.

The touchdowns came late sure, but he absolutely made plays to try and keep the team in the game had other things around him not fallen apart.

He can manage this offense OK, but hes not good enough to carry it. Not when both offense and defense were giving away penalties left and right.

• Like 1

I guess there is no accounting for how people will lie to themselves about absolutely everything that does not fit their instant hot take even after you prevent clear and compelling evidence to the contrary. This guy played really well in his first NFL game with no prep time against a real NFL team trying to stop him.

When he did throw the interception deep in his own territory with about 5 to play the Chiefs did run it into the line 3 times and kick a FG, so maybe they let up a bit on the 60 yard TD drive after that.  That's only 5-6 for 60 yards and a TD out of his entire game.

This was not three 6-yard high school completions and a scramble fumble in the last 2 minutes of a blowout like the franchise crippling 6th pick this year.

Jones got in the game AFTER 10 Tony Pollard 4th quarter clock kill runs and he proceeded to soil himself at first contact with the enemy.  (the puppy can still learn)

Minshew looked great on at least 19 legit NFL game situation passes.

For a Rookie with no prep being thrusted into action and playing as well as he did. I give Him all the props in the world.  Legit impressive! Seriously!

However let's see what he does when not playing the Chiefs Defensive Juggernaut before assuming this to be the norm. Just saying. 

On 9/10/2019 at 11:21 AM, SkippyX said:

I guess there is no accounting for how people will lie to themselves about absolutely everything that does not fit their instant hot take even after you prevent clear and compelling evidence to the contrary. This guy played really well in his first NFL game with no prep time against a real NFL team trying to stop him.

When he did throw the interception deep in his own territory with about 5 to play the Chiefs did run it into the line 3 times and kick a FG, so maybe they let up a bit on the 60 yard TD drive after that.  That's only 5-6 for 60 yards and a TD out of his entire game.

This was not three 6-yard high school completions and a scramble fumble in the last 2 minutes of a blowout like the franchise crippling 6th pick this year.

Jones got in the game AFTER 10 Tony Pollard 4th quarter clock kill runs and he proceeded to soil himself at first contact with the enemy.  (the puppy can still learn)

Minshew looked great on at least 19 legit NFL game situation passes.

Minshew plaued really well dont get me wrong. Dude looked as poised as Mahomes, and was a machine getting those passes to receivers.

Just couldn't punch it in to the redzone. Guy shouldve had a 100% completion percentage but had 3 drops.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

For a Rookie with no prep being thrusted into action and playing as well as he did. I give Him all the props in the world.  Legit impressive! Seriously!

However let's see what he does when not playing the Chiefs Defensive Juggernaut before assuming this to be the norm. Just saying. 

I agree but there were 17 QBs with a 100+ rating so the defenses have not been great so far.

Houston is the next game.