Jump to content
DigInBoys

Nick Foles Out Indefinitely with Broken Clavicle

Recommended Posts

Expected but not week 1...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

If they can get to 5-6 ... December is 12 weeks away.

Yeah. They won't.

With Gardner Minshew as their starter, they're now in the "Tank for Tua" sweepstakes.

This offense wasn't good to begin with, and now they're only getting worse. Their defense has talent, but absolutely zero discipline, they'll kill themselves before they win football games.

A year ahead of schedule, so no Trevor Lawrence. I'm happy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Yeah. They won't.

With Gardner Minshew as their starter, they're now in the "Tank for Tua" sweepstakes.

He had a 122 rating today. I am not sure if that means he is not awful or that KC's defense is going to be horrific this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

He had a 122 rating today. I am not sure if that means he is not awful or that KC's defense is going to be horrific this year.

Some of it will be a less than stellar defense - but it's also a case of "we have no film/no prep for this guy" with Minshew. He went off script a lot, abs made some pretty good plays. This being said, with more film, you'll see defenses adjust for him, and he doesn't have the athleticism or arm talent to work around that.

The Tennessee or Houston defense should hold a bit more firm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Minshew looked really really far away from what I saw in the preseason. I was surprised he was getting a #2 job.

But, he seems to have held up much better in his first real game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Some of it will be a less than stellar defense - but it's also a case of "we have no film/no prep for this guy" with Minshew. He went off script a lot, abs made some pretty good plays. This being said, with more film, you'll see defenses adjust for him, and he doesn't have the athleticism or arm talent to work around that.

The Tennessee or Houston defense should hold a bit more firm.

Tennessee, sure.

Houston has some really iffy corners.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

Tennessee, sure.

Houston has some really iffy corners.

Jacksonville has WRs that Houston can match up against, and a pass rush that'll force the issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was watching this game.  Foles got hurt on a great throw for a TD.  The Jags backup QB looked pretty good today and you can just tell Fournette looks very good and in shape as well.  I think the bigger concern is their defense, which looked pretty bad today in certain situations. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Some of it will be a less than stellar defense - but it's also a case of "we have no film/no prep for this guy" with Minshew. He went off script a lot, abs made some pretty good plays. This being said, with more film, you'll see defenses adjust for him, and he doesn't have the athleticism or arm talent to work around that. The Tennessee or Houston defense should hold a bit more firm.

And Fournettes life just got a lot harder cause Minshew's not gonna scare LB's off the field or out of the box.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Leader said:

And Fournettes life just got a lot harder cause Minshew's not gonna scare LB's off the field or out of the box.

Neither is a WR unit with Marquise Lee, DJ Chark and Dede Westbrook. Chark and Westbrook had good games today, but neither is a guy who will dictate coverages at any point in a game. You'll leave both on an island if you think you can anticipate a blocking scheme and bring extra blitzers and get a sack/force a bad throw.

A defense can stack the block and overload a side on a blitz on every play and render the Jags O basically ineffective.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×