Nick Foles Out Indefinitely with Broken Clavicle

DigInBoys

3 hours ago, SwoleXmad said:

Foles has sucked outside of Philly, see his rams tenure. He has never not sucked outside of philly. 

Everyone SUCKED under the Jeff Fisher tenure. What limited time he saw in KC , he played fine. He looked good yesterday, before getting hurt. The Rams Crap gets overblown to be honest.

2 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Everyone SUCKED under the Jeff Fisher tenure. What limited time he saw in KC , he played fine. He looked good yesterday, before getting hurt. The Rams Crap gets overblown to be honest.

I love how everyone just ignores the only other time he's been a starting QB (not counting this season because well it might as well have been a spot start)  the season where had the most starts of his career. 

Foles is good off the bench because the defense hasn't prepared for him, anytime he's had an extended period (I.E goes into the season as a starter) 2014, 2015 he looked replacement level at best. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, G said:

He was a back up always coming in to replace an injured player. He got paid starter money and I expected as a starter he'd get hurt and it happened. Didn't think he'd get hurt week 1 but 6-9.

Hence my reply. Foles is a great back up QB and an ok starter. If you pay someone like that too much then your back up will be a scrub. You should call Miami as I hear they'll trade you a QB. Fire sale, tanking for Tua...At least your #1 WR didn't fake a meltdown to go to the Pats like mine did. Season of drama, happy 100th...

How could you possibly have expected he'd get hurt?

6 hours ago, Chiefer said:

Mostly garbage time stats

KC was also very vanilla

Mostly garbage time? Is it garbage time anytime a team is behind by 7-10 points in the 2nd quarter now or what? The defense (not the offense) is what lost us this game. Minshew also had two very strong drives that ended up getting killed by holding calls in the redzone/while they were driving when it was very much a game.

He played great right out of the gate when the game was very much a game and broke the record for a rookie for most consecutive completions.

Whether that continues (doubtful) is one thing, but he definitely played well in this one.  

Edited by .Buzz

Minshew played great yesterday. Nick Foles wouldn't have played any better, maybe worse.

The Chiefs pass D was not good and not prepared for him but regardless, Minshew still played great.

Most likely though, as in most similar cases, he won't be that good consistently moving forward.

For one, teams will be planning for him.

12 hours ago, G said:

He was a back up always coming in to replace an injured player. He got paid starter money and I expected as a starter he'd get hurt and it happened. Didn't think he'd get hurt week 1 but 6-9.

Hence my reply. Foles is a great back up QB and an ok starter. If you pay someone like that too much then your back up will be a scrub. You should call Miami as I hear they'll trade you a QB. Fire sale, tanking for Tua...At least your #1 WR didn't fake a meltdown to go to the Pats like mine did. Season of drama, happy 100th...

So...Foles was overrated because he might get injured?!?!?! :D

Feel for all Jaguar fans.  Went through this twice with Rodgers.  The guessing game is NOT fun. 

Estimate 12 weeks to be safe.  You want him coming back 100%. 

Losses against the Texans, Saints, Texans and Chargers. 

If/when he comes back, you'll have a good shot at winning out in the final three games against the Colts, Falcons and Raiders (not in order). 

Need about 6 wins until then to have a shot.

Possible wins:

Titans, Broncos, Panthers, Bengals, Jets, Colts, Titans, Buccaneers. 

2 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Feel for all Jaguar fans.  Went through this twice with Rodgers.  The guessing game is NOT fun. 

Estimate 12 weeks to be safe.  You want him coming back 100%. 

Losses against the Texans, Saints, Texans and Chargers. 

If/when he comes back, you'll have a good shot at winning out in the final three games against the Colts, Falcons and Raiders (not in order). 

Need about 6 wins until then to have a shot.

Possible wins:

Titans, Broncos, Panthers, Bengals, Jets, Colts, Titans, Buccaneers. 

Yeah, it really all hinges on Minshew being competent. I think our OL is going to be quite improved over last year and the receiving cast is better. As stated in here already, Fournette looks better and is down 20 pounds (still has vision issues and not the best balance though), so it really hinges on the D. Looked awful yesterday.

Get the feeling it had more to do with Reid just outscheming Wash is is garbage, but will be interesting to see how they come back Sunday. Talent is there, discipline/coaching isn't. 

11 hours ago, Chiefer said:

Mostly garbage time stats

KC was also very vanilla

Minshew went 22 of 25 over 47+ minutes of a game that was 17-7 when he entered it.

I guess there is no accounting for how people will lie to themselves about absolutely everything that does not fit their instant hot take.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

Minshew went 22 of 25 over 47+ minutes of a game that was 17-7 when he entered it.

I guess there is no accounting for how people will lie to themselves about absolutely everything that does not fit their instant hot take.

It's great, isn't it?

Anytime a team is behind it's garbage time apparently.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

You didn’t watch the game, did you?

I meant the points, 13 of which were 4th quarter(iirc) when the game was already over

He actually played pretty well yardage wise but Chiefs locked it up and they settled for field goals.