Player Performance Talk 2018 (How they're playing; struggles, bright spots, etc.)

Mind Character

I got a question for you fellas as far as Kizer being the franchise QB going forward. Does hue/sashi need to come out and say he's the franchise QB going forward and just nix any idea of going QB early or that we're looking around. Or does it kinda go without saying if he continues to improve and win some games ? Obviously he's only played one game and preseason. But if we get to the half way point and we're 4-4 5-3 or better. Do you say okay let's just go ahead and end any debate. He's our guy. 

18 minutes ago, bosko1616 said:

I got a question for you fellas as far as Kizer being the franchise QB going forward. Does hue/sashi need to come out and say he's the franchise QB going forward and just nix any idea of going QB early or that we're looking around. Or does it kinda go without saying if he continues to improve and win some games ? Obviously he's only played one game and preseason. But if we get to the half way point and we're 4-4 5-3 or better. Do you say okay let's just go ahead and end any debate. He's our guy. 

Probably a question best asked after more games have played I would think.  Only in the Browns forum could folks be calling a rookie a franchise QB after his very first game.

22 minutes ago, bosko1616 said:

i say we root for kizer to be the guy and then hope he is and then let the guy who's tied to his hip make his decision at the end of the season

personally i'd love another 3 first round picks for free from the HOU 1st overall pick this upcoming year just to really drive it into the LOLBROWNS crowd

1 hour ago, bosko1616 said:

I didn't say after one game I believe he's the guy. My question is when would be the time you say okay he's the guy going forward? What does he have to do 

Keep being himself. For me, it was obvious after the first preseason game. I think everyone in the organization knows they struck gold.

3 hours ago, bosko1616 said:

I didn't say after one game I believe he's the guy. My question is when would be the time you say okay he's the guy going forward? What does he have to do 

It depends on what happens this season.

If we end up with top 2-3 pick and have a shot at one of the top QB's, the front office will have a tough choice to make.  Early money says a trade down (IMO) to stock the shelves in the 2019 and 2020 drafts.

21 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

We apparently let Tyrone Holmes go and promoted Rashard Higgins WR to the 53...

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/909108262766829568 https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/909108262766829568

I loved Higgins as a prospect but why would we let at DE go with Myles' injury. We needed fresh legs at pass rusher last game at the end and didnt have any.

Archived