Take a deep breath

hornbybrown

We will be ok and today might even turn out to be good for us.

there is to much talent on this team for us to not be good. Have we been over hyped? Probably but this wake up call will bring us back down to earth and if these guys have any pride it will light a fire.

our biggest problem was penalties, that also a problem that can be fixed. I’m not going to read to much into anything else because those penalties put us behind. Chasing vs a good Defense is always hard 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, hornbybrown said:

We will be ok and today might even turn out to be good for us.

I get your point, but I’d have rather seen a 12-9 victory and it be the same wake up call for us.

there is to much talent on this team for us to not be good. Have we been over hyped? Probably but this wake up call will bring us back down to earth and if these guys have any pride it will light a fire.

Let’s hope.

our biggest problem was penalties, that also a problem that can be fixed. I’m not going to read to much into anything else because those penalties put us behind. Chasing vs a good Defense is always hard 

Agreed, let’s hope it was a fluke.

My biggest concern going into the season was changing the offense because obj arrives. More deep drops equals more hits on Baker. 

I guess its a good thing and bad thing hes already beat up. Bad because its game 1. Good because now theyre forced to play the quick hitting offense which was successful last season.

I get where you are coming from.  However, the ugliness of our offensive line really reared its head today.  We knew it was a question mark, but it's a real problem.  It will be hard to maximize our offense when guys are running around our offensive tackles.  If that takes care of itself, the sky is the limit, but that has to get fixed.  Along with the lack of discipline.  Holy crap that was bad.  You can't sustain drives with penalties like that. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Penalties are 75% coaching and 25% player imo. 

We had  200 yards of penalties, basically two scores. 

Soft td to Henry, 3 scores from bad coaching.

Eh, the personal fouls are zero percent coaching imo.

At no point should an adult need coaching to not punch or kick another player.

• Like 1