Take a deep breath

hornbybrown

21 minutes ago, Pruitt3443 said:

The amount of negative overreaction across this board is staggering.  You would think none of you have ever seen a football team have a bad game. 

I think it's more of an indication of seeing a football team have a bad game for almost 20 consecutive years, parlayed with lofty expectations...and 15 consecutive years of not winning a home opener.

2 hours ago, Pruitt3443 said:

The amount of negative overreaction across this board is staggering.  You would think none of you have ever seen a football team have a bad game. 

Really? They went 0-16 two years ago. It's not an overreaction to say they sucked.

For me, it's a realization that this is a team of divas with a first year coach. If they don't get hard nosed in a hurry this is going to continue to be embarrassing.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BrownLeader said:

a realization that this is a team...with a first year coach.

And OC, DC, most in the coaching ranks and new players.

Unrealistic to expect all of that to gel by opening day...probably more like 4 games/weeks

7 hours ago, BrownLeader said:

a realization that this is a team of divas

This actually is the more disturbing point to me.

But it still comes back to coaching.

Not playing the divas together before the opener was not a good move, imo.

23 hours ago, Pruitt3443 said:

While I am not doom and glooming us after this one game, this one game was VERY bad.  We beat ourselves.  And we cannot allow that to happen again.

21 hours ago, BrownLeader said:

Really? They went 0-16 two years ago. It's not an overreaction to say they sucked.

For me, it's a realization that this is a team of divas with a first year coach. If they don't get hard nosed in a hurry this is going to continue to be embarrassing.

Whos The divas? 

2 minutes ago, mistakey said:

Whos The divas? 

The “divas” may have that personality, but they’re all workers.

It’s irritating when these guys do all sorts of photo shoots and interviews all offseason and then lay an egg in the opener, but it’s not like there isn’t time for all of those things in the offseason.

I think people are blowing one bad loss way out of proportion right now.  Between the turd on Sunday and the horrific situation with Chris Smith’s family, i’d happily lay down money that we’ll see a whole different team on Monday night.

• Like 2

Saw this on Bleacher Report this morning. To say the linked article is utter trash "journalism" in my eye would be upgrading it. It is why I despise the media outside of the 216, 330, or 440. These so called "experts" with so called "sources" don't know diddly squat. They just fire off their opinion against the wall and see if it sticks.

They are too lazy to even dig at a story. They just use the "well, you stunk last year - so you will stink this year. And the next. And the next....."

Then the article goes on to say Lamar Jackson is the greatest QB ever....... Blew my coffee all over my key board.

GTFOOH.

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2019/9/10/20858716/week-1-overreactions-nfl-rankings-mitchell-trubisky-josh-gordon-oakland-raiders

Edited by brooks1957

1 minute ago, brooks1957 said:

Saw this on Bleacher Report this morning. To say the linked article is utter trash "journalism" in my eye would be upgrading it. It is why I despise the media outside of the 216, 330, or 440. These so called "experts" with so called "sources" don't know diddly squat. They just fire off their opinion against the wall and see if it sticks.

They are too lazy to even dig at a story. They just use the "well, you stunk last year - so you will stink this year. And the next. And the next....."

Then the article goes on to say Lamar Jackson is the greatest QB ever....... Blew my coffee all over my key board.

GTFOOH.

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2019/9/10/20858716/week-1-overreactions-nfl-rankings-mitchell-trubisky-josh-gordon-oakland-raiders

Brooks, my man, it's called "Week 1 overreactions", as in, if you took these reactions to the absurd based off of just 1 week in a vacuum, completely devoid of any context. :)