BDL 2019 Week 1 - Williamsport Soul Reavers @ Portland Horned Owls

Whicker

Williamsport Soul Reavers @ Portland Horned Owls  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Williamport Soul Reavers
    • Portland Horned Owls

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/12/2019 at 04:00 AM

5 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

@wwhickok I know you're used to the 3-4 in Pitt but have you ever thought of going 4-3. I agree with Whicker that it flows a little better.

DE - Bennett
UT - Bullard
NT - Reader
DE - Burns
SAM - Barr
MIKE - Jack
WILL - Hightower

Yes, I have part of why I traded Hightower because I also have Devin Bush

BDL is a learning experience for the first few weeks of writeups.  I like where you're going wwhicock.  Portland has a scary triplet offense, but I think Williamsport is not overwhelmed as the final tally might indicate.  Portland in a competitive game for 3 quarters before they break it open.

To echo some other comments, make it your own, writeups and strats have heavily evolved over the years in BDL.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, pheltzbahr said:

BDL is a learning experience for the first few weeks of writeups.  I like where you're going wwhicock.  Portland has a scary triplet offense, but I think Williamsport is not overwhelmed as the final tally might indicate.  Portland in a competitive game for 3 quarters before they break it open.

To echo some other comments, make it your own, writeups and strats have heavily evolved over the years in BDL.

Echoing this sentiment.

5 hours ago, Hockey5djh said:

Also on principal if xmad calls him McAffrey again next week I'm voting for the other team. I know he's the new guy and all but that was painful to read.

McCaffrey

2 hours ago, SirA1 said:

Will go with the home team this week. Despite stealing my nickname shtick.

Run CMC is unstoppable. 

I've done stupid nicknames for at least 3 seasons. Derek Carr was used for so long and now he's just a wreck but I'll admit to stealing a few things from you. 

2 hours ago, wwhickok said:

GG Portland. I mean... It wasnt even close. Based on voting comments I would say this was a rout, like 56-3

You'll be competitive most weeks, it's a learning curve and I'm sure by mid-season you'll have found what works for you. I look forward to seeing your team grow, good luck this season man. 

Plus BDL voting usually goes one way(hence why many teams get 10 or more votes) or the other unless it's really close. 

8 minutes ago, SwoleXmad said:

You'll be competitive most weeks, it's a learning curve and I'm sure by mid-season you'll have found what works for you. I look forward to seeing your team grow, good luck this season man. 

Plus BDL voting usually goes one way(hence why many teams get 10 or more votes) or the other unless it's really close. 

I already have my writeup done for week 2.

• Like 1