BDL 2019 Week 1 - Anchorage Wolves @ Hawaii Nightmarchers

Whicker

Anchorage Wolves @ Hawaii Nightmarchers  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Anchorage Wolves
    • Hawaii Nightmarchers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/12/2019 at 04:01 AM

BDL 2019 Week 1

Match:  Anchorage Wolves @ Hawaii Nightmarchers

Away Owner: @Counselor

Home Owner: @Hockey5djh

Vote for who you think would win the game.

Rules:
One vote per person, duplicate accounts will be banned and action taken against those attempting to rig the results.

One vote per team involved in the match. Co-owners may vote in every match up except their own.

For members, who have been following along, and wish to vote.  Please join the conversation and maybe give a reason you voted as you did. This will alleviate any suspicions of unusual voting and will promote discussion.

Note: Players that have a (D) next to their name indicate that they are doubtful or unlikely to play. Players with (Q) are game-time decisions.

Good luck to you both

Edited by Whicker

Anchorage Wolves

Offense:

QB- Kirk Cousins

RB- Mark Ingram

WR- Tyler Boyd

WR- Cooper Kupp

WR- Nelson Agholor

TE- George Kittle

LT- Terron Armstead

LG- Joe Thuney

C- Garrett Bradbury

RG- La’el Collins

RT- Ja’Wuan James

RB- Dion Lewis

RB- Tony Pollard

WR- Jakobi Meyers

TE- Noah Fant

TE- Dawson Knox

OL- Dalton Risner

OL- Garett Bolles

OL- Mark Glowinski

Defense:

LE- Cam Jordan

NT- Javon Hargrave

UT- Ed Oliver

RE- Trey Flowers

WLB- Jarrad Davis *INACTIVE*

MLB- Joe Schobert

CB- Trumaine Johnson

CB- Chidobe Awuzie

CB-Bashaud Breeland

FS- Budda Baker

SS- Landon Collins

DE- Sam Hubbard

DT- Vita Vea

DE/DT- Derek Wolfe

LB- Uchenna Nwosu

LB- Nick Vigil

CB- Justin Layne

S- Jordan Whitehead

S/CB- Chauncey Gardner-Johnson

Hawaii Nightmarchers

Offense

QB - Russell Wilson
RB - Saquon Barkley
RB - Tarik Cohen
WR - Stefon Diggs 
WR - TreQuan Smith
TE - Vance McDonald
LT - Taylor Decker
LG - Marshall Yanda 
C - Ryan Kelly
RG - Brandon Scherff
RT - Bryan Bulaga 

BN - Christian Kirk
BN - Diontae Johnson
BN - JC Tretter
BN - Antonio Brown's 2010 Schutt Air XP Advantage

Defense

DE - Jadaveon Clowney
DT - DeForest Buckner
DT - BJ Hill
DE - Frank Clark
LB - Demario Davis
LB - Roquon Smith 
CB - Casey Heyward
CB - Marshon Lattimore
Slot CB/S - Bobby McCain
S - Anthony Harris
S - Eric Weddle 

BN - Harold Landry
BN - Kylee Fackrell
BN - Mike Hughes *INACTIVE*
BN - Kendall Sheffield
Edited by Whicker

Anchorage Wolves

Team:

This is our first year in Anchorage and we travel for our first game not too far away to Hawaii. Hawaii won it all last year and we are looking to put a L in our division rivals hearts this week. 

Offense: Ball Control offense, attacking the safeties in the seams, and underneath routes in pass offense, with a zone run game, looking to spread out the defense and gash them inside, while also tightening down and attempting to get some outside runs for big plays. 

Formations: 

Our base offense this week will be a three wide, one tight, one back set.  We will also run two tight sets as well as two RB sets.

Pass Offense:

We will feature a quick passing attack to negate the pass rush of Hawaii. We have some really solid route runners at WR and look to utilize slants and drags to attack the middle of the defense. In three wide sets Kupp will play in the slot with Boyd and Agholor on the outside. Kittle will stretch the seam from the TE position. We will stack routes to attack zone coverages and Cousins will identify coverages pre snap by motioning Kittle around as well as the RB. Dion Lewis will see some action in the flats and screen game, but Mark Ingram will be the primary back this game. Some formations Kittle will split out in the slot to give us four wide and really spread out this defense. When we run our two tight Agholor will come off the field and Noah Fant will be the second TE. We want to attack the safeties of Hawaii as much as possible and will use Kupp and Kittle in the middle of the field to do so. 

Run Offense:

Ingram will see 75 percent of the workload with a split of 20 for Lewis and 5 for the rookie Pollard.  We will feature a zone running attack. We want to play ball control against a team with a top tier offense and keep the ball away from them. We will rely heavily on the run, and run out of the four wide (Kittle in the slot) formation up the middle as well as our double tight when Fant is in the game. We will attempt to spread them out and open up running lanes inside. We will also tighten down in our formations with our two tight and two back sets, and attempt to run inside but also get some big runs outside. Our FB is injured this game so we will also see Fant in an H-back role. We will utilize Ingram and Lewis in the back field together at times on those stretch and outside zone plays. 

Defense:

We will matchup with zone coverage this week, mixed in with some man coverage and a variety of blitzes. If they come out in three wide we will open up in a nickel defense. Against two wide, two tight or two RB sets we will bring in a SLB. Mix LBer blitzes and stunts up front, as well as utilize outside contain to bottle up the run inside. 

Formation:

Our base D is basically a 4-3-4 under this week with Collins playing in the box like a third LBer and three corners on the field. If they go 4 wide Budda Baker will play the dime Safety/corner and Jordan Whitehead will play FS.

Front 7:

We will be bringing out our dynamic well balanced duo at end this week in Cameron Jordan and Trey Flowers. Javon Hargrave gets the start at NT with Ed Oliver starting at under tackle. We will use a heavy rotation of Vita Vea at NT and Derek Wolfe at under tackle and occasional jumbo end. Sam Hubbard will be the third end backing up Flowers and Jordan. I want to keep my dline fresh so the rotation is important. On clear passing downs or long to go situations, Flowers and Hubbard will play end, while Oliver and Jordan play the DT positions. Flowers is coming off injury so if he does not play Hubbard automatically fills in his role. We will run a variety of stunts as we like the athleticism of our DT’s and the versatility of our ends to rush inside to confuse the oline. We will also run some straight up gap control and penetration one gap calls to mix it up against the Hawaii Oline. When stunts are not taking place our ends will have outside contain against a mobile Russ Wilson, while the backers and DT’s fill inside run lanes. In our nickel defense Jarrad Davis and Joe Schobert are the LBers, with Landon Collins playing in the box as well. We will disguise some zone blitzes with our LBers and incorporate them with our dline stunts. In the 4-3 against their two wide sets Uchenna Nwosu will be the SLB. Nwosu will be a featured blitzer against these sets. Collins will peel back a bit in these sets. 

Secondary:

Trumaine Johnson and Chidobe Awuzie will man the outside corner positions with Bashaud Breeland manning the nickel. We have some bigger corners and they will play press and throw off the timing before dropping back into zone, or sticking with their man. Budda Baker will play FS and Collins the SS/LBer role. We will incorporate a cover 3 scheme mixed with some man against three wide sets as well as some cover two and man against two wide sets. We will shade Baker to the side of Antonio Brown, although he covers the deep middle he will cheat on Brown’s side. Even in our man coverage Baker has deep middle to prevent any deep plays. 

Go Wolves!

Hawaii Nightmarchers

The reigning BDL champions are ready to defend the title in 2019, welcoming the Wolves down to sunny Honolulu.

Offensive Game plan

Running Game - Saquon will be featured early and often getting 25+ touches on the ground and in the air. Anchorage has a solid defensive line but not a lot of quality depth, Saquon will wear down the front seven and pay dividends in the 4th quarter. Tarik Cohen will be mixed in to keep anchorage guessing lining up in the backfield, out of the slot, and out wide forcing Anchorage to account for him on every play.

Passing Game - Russell Wilson suffered a big blow with the AB drama and will not have his top target but the wide receivers will thrive. Diggs and Smith will be the starters with Christian Kirk rotating into the slot very often taking the place of McDonald or Cohen based on down/distance. Our passing game will start out mostly in a shotgun formation letting Wilson make the calls at the line and read the defense. In the second half once the run is established we will start to move to a play action catching cheating secondaries over top. McDonald will stay in for protection helping Taylor Decker double team Cam Jordan and Bryan Bulaga will lock down Trey Flowers. With one of the best interiors in the BDL of Yanda, Kelly, Scherff taking care of the DTs. 

Defense

Front 7 - Harrass Kirk Cousins. Clowney and Clark will team up with Buckner and Hill on the inside with the main goal of putting a body on Kirk Cousins every down. Mark Ingram and Dion Lewis are solid backs but Davis and Roquon will man the middle of the field specifically keying in on the running game and keeping them bottled up.

Secondary - In the secondary we will be running that new hotness called the Big Nickel with 3 safeties on the field. This works extremely well with Bobby McCain who established himself as an elite slot CB last year but will be starting at safety for the Jets this season showing his versatility. Lattimore and Heyward will man up on Boyd and Kupp. McCain will draw Kittle and get help over the top from Eric Weddle as we think Kittle is thier most dangerous weapon. The new Free Agent acquisition Anthony Harris will play center field keeping everything in front of him.

TL;DR Saquon pulls his **** out, Russell Wilson one ups him. Kirk cousins got a tiny pecker. Hawaii wins.

At the end of the day, I voted for Hawaii based on 2 things. Rushing attack and QB play.

I genuinely think the defenses are a push but when you compare the offenses, I just think the weapons Hawaii has outweighs that of Anchorage. I'd suspect its be a close game but in the final minutes, I'd prefer RW of KC. I gotta give the edge to Hawaii

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Counselor said:

People will see I traded McCaffrey and will want to attack that area of my team for an easy L. Ingram went over 100 yards with two scores yesterday. He has what it takes. 

I’m pretty sure all the Ravens practice squad guys went for 100 also though

Edited by Whicker
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Counselor said:

They didn’t. And if you want to discredit Ingram’s career that is fine. Just shows the lack of knowledge here

It was a joke. And I haven’t read or said anything about anyone’s game yet. 

And my lack of football knowledge is common knowledge on these forums so you’re not going to trigger me that way

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Whicker said:

It was a joke. And I haven’t read or said anything about anyone’s game yet. 

And my lack of football knowledge is common knowledge on these forums so you’re not going to trigger me that way

I was joking with you. Two jokesters. I don’t want to trigger you because then we would have to replace you and I’ll miss you. 

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, SwoleXmad said:

Hawaii's d-line is going to win the battle here, meanwhile their o-line is one of if not the best in BDL and while Anchorage possess one of the best d-lines in BDL, it isn't enough with a QB who attempted 10 passes this week. 

Smh. So because he attempts ten passes on the Vikings it means he will attempt ten for Anchorage? Lazy

3 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Smh. So because he attempts ten passes on the Vikings it means he will attempt ten for Anchorage? Lazy

No Cousins probably had the best performance for your offense IRL save for kittle, problem is I can't gauge how he would do this week on the volume he'd do in this game (25-35)

Limited WR corps, limited running game (Blocking is bad or at least won't protect cousins well/open holes for ingram etc.) means Cousins has to carry the load and he's not the kind of QB who can carry an offense. 

2 minutes ago, SwoleXmad said:

No Cousins probably had the best performance for your offense IRL save for kittle, problem is I can't gauge how he would do this week on the volume he'd do in this game (25-35)

Limited WR corps, limited running game (Blocking is bad or at least won't protect cousins well/open holes for ingram etc.) means Cousins has to carry the load and he's not the kind of QB who can carry an offense. 

My line is just fine buddy boy

lmao xmad with incoherent and inconsistent reasoning from game to game. Shocker.

Anyway I'm taking Hawaii here in a close one. I just don't think Anchorage generates enough offense because Lattimore and Heyward can clamp their top 2 receivers and although Anchorage's OL is solid, Hawaii's DL is up to the task against the run.

On the other side, love Anchorage's edge rush esp with Hubbard coming in and Jordan kicking inside, but Wilson and Barkley is such a dynamic backfield that even if that DL gets its wins, I don't like the secondary enough to hold Hawaii down.

Hawaii 27 - 20 Anchorage

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WFLukic said:

lmao xmad with incoherent and inconsistent reasoning from game to game. Shocker.

Anyway I'm taking Hawaii here in a close one. I just don't think Anchorage generates enough offense because Lattimore and Heyward can clamp their top 2 receivers and although Anchorage's OL is solid, Hawaii's DL is up to the task against the run.

On the other side, love Anchorage's edge rush esp with Hubbard coming in and Jordan kicking inside, but Wilson and Barkley is such a dynamic backfield that even if that DL gets its wins, I don't like the secondary enough to hold Hawaii down.

Hawaii 27 - 20 Anchorage

Thanks for at least giving me a chance